Do you guys agree that country music sucks?

country music is music made by hicks for hicks. these so-called artists exemplify no form of intellectual intelligence at all, and they're music sucks. If you've heard one country song, you've pretty much heard them all. Same lyrics, subject matter, shitty generic Melody, and annoying twangy voices mixed with shitty guitar playing. Does anybody else think country music sucks?

Favorite Answer

Ugh yes in East Texas everyone (whites, asians, mexicans, even blacks) love that hick crap and I'm sick of it. Just redneck music made for rednecks with simple acoustic guitar chords and depressing lyrics. I prefer rock or metal or even rap music.

@ Sammy there are a lot of rap songs that rap about life you twit Nas is a rapper for example who writes songs about racism, aids, and world problems, corruption, etc. For example listen to the song Dance by Nas, it's about his mother and how special she was to him as a child, and how much she means to him after she passed away. Lupe Fiasco writes songs about women being abused and used as sex objects by the mainstream media? Those are a few examples. Did you just turn on the radio and come up with that conclusion that rap is nothing more than narcissistic booty music by listening to one or two songs on your local radio station?

• nunns

Nation track sucks without problems on the grounds that it's sucky music. But most modern music is. I am sure you're conversant in the phrase "all songs use the same 4 chords", and this is fully authentic, now not just for country song thiugh. Pop, nation, folks, techno, indie, dance, replacement, and even dubstep artists use repetitive chords however in specific keys and in special tambres (instrumentations). And that's why nation track is just a bit sicker than other forms of song. On account that to ensure that a song to be viewed "nation" it has to have a distinctive instrument crew (banjo, guitar, drums, etc.). It is the same crappy track as pop music, however more confined because of the shortage of creativity the instrumentation presents. These of you who safeguard nation track through pronouncing "it's simply persons singing about real stuff! It can be relatable", these are just lyrics. Lyrics have nothing to do with the sound of a music, a pop track might have the very identical lyrics. Hope this helps.

Country music nowadays is made for middle aged housewives

Country music does not suck. But everybody has their own opinions. But country music, unlike rap, is usually about life. Not "****** with big bootys" and hoes and money. Country music really tells about different ways of life.

Like Eric Church's song 'Homeboy'.. Which tell about a guy who pretty much thinks he's a thug, but in reality, that's not the life he really wants.

It's a way of life. There's a song for every mood and situation you may be in.

You should give it another shot. It's really not all that bad.

Source(s): I'm a country singer and I live in the country.

Well, you can't make country music. I can't make country music. So it takes some form of talent.

So the answer is I disagree. All music takes talent.

No, I do not agree. But I do think the same argument can be made for rap and hip hop.

yes, country sucks

Yes its horrible

• Ken

Not as much as rap and hip hop

I agree!