Needing some serious answers and help on diabetic questions.My mom is a diabetic and has been for years.?

Ok so she has went all these yrs eating and drinking maily diet drinks tho but eating wat ever she wants and wen she wants.I dont believe she knew just how serious this problem is but anyways I had to take her to the hospital Fri.night she has done severe nerve damage through out her arms and legs and is havin to... show more Ok so she has went all these yrs eating and drinking maily diet drinks tho but eating wat ever she wants and wen she wants.I dont believe she knew just how serious this problem is but anyways I had to take her to the hospital Fri.night she has done severe nerve damage through out her arms and legs and is havin to try to learn to walk again but her doc said that the damage that has been done is not fixable or even reversable but heres my question i need to know wat here carb intake should be for 1 day.I dont understand alot about diabetics.Im not even sure wat all foods she can and cannot eat.So if someone can give me some info on that it would be very helpful.Thanks in advance.