Can i go visit someone in harris county jail if im 16?

My friends brother is in jail and she is going to visit him she asked me to go to help her with the kids (a 3 yr old and a one month old) she is 20 im 16 would they let me go in even if im not the inmates family?

Favorite Answer

no unless you say thats your brother

NO

Immediate family only or would have to be 18 otherwise

• ?

No,

no minors.

Source(s): ...I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....