disk read error on every system startup?

on every system start up i am getting this error on screen "disk read error press alt+ctrl+del to restart" i then have to put in my windows 7 recovery disk that came with my laptop to fix this error after which the application fixes the filesystem errors and then windows boots normally but then it takes a lot of time to load and start up all the services approximately arround 10 mins.what i am confused about is if the error are already fixed by the application in the recovery disk then why on every boot up there's this sick error and then i have to press alt+ctrl+del for like 9-10 times after putting in my recovery disk to let the option pop up for recovery and will reinstalling windows 7 fix all this?? coz earlier i had problems with system crashes and system getting hanged for a long time for which the only option i had was to restart the system pressing the power key..

• Bob
    Favorite Answer

Hello, You could try shutting it down and when you start it up press F8 repeatedly until you get a screen with the option to boot to the Last Known Good Configuration. Try this first and see if it makes a difference. A second way to get there.

Start Menu->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Choose the most recent date before the encountered problem. If it doesn't work, try the next date.

To get a good accurate answer give the brand, model number, installed operating system of the laptop when asking a question as all PC's are not the same. Hey, I enjoyed your question, I am a retired computer technician. I hope I have helped you...

Source(s):

CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Professional

• Norm F

In my day a disc error was a disc error and all the things suggested are a waste of time.

my guess is that in all the times that you have to try it it finally gets over it and loads but the error is still there.

Without knowing where the error is exactly and whether it is just corrupted data or a flaw on the disc surface my suggestion is when you have it loaded to get a backup of your recovery software to DVD's and backup all data you do not want to loose

Do a recovery to reinstall the O/S and rebuild your disc. If it was a corrupt area it will be corrected but if it is a flaw then if it is in an area that can be ignored it can be corrected but it might come down to having to get a new disc.

• ahmadi

sounds like the OS has been corrupted this is inflicting boot problems. grab some residing house windows installation disks for the present OS this is already put in (yet screwed up) and reload the OS. The consumer archives will nonetheless be intact provided you do no longer format thechronic. this is my best answer thinking you haven't any longer specific any further data.