Romeo and Juliet Question?

We have this project in school and I need 2 quotes that can prove that Friar Lawrences actions are the cause for Romeo and Juliets death. Please help, also include the act # and scene #, Thank you

Best Answer

He gave a poison to Juliet, he trusted someone else with a letter of great significance to deliver to Romeo, and he fled when Juliet was in the most danger at the tomb.

"If... thou hast the strength of will to slay thyself... take thou this vial... no warmth, no breath shall testify thou livest;" (4.1.72, 93, 98) Friar Lawrence's idea for Juliet is very risky and he should have known better than to try it.

. "The letter was not nice but full of charge, of dear import, and the neglecting it may do much danger." (5.2.18-20) Friar Lawrence trusted a complete buffoon at the most crucial of times and the price was paid for the actions of both friars. Consequently, Juliet dies because Friar Lawrence did not think through that something might arise and a situation this urgent must be dealt with personally

"(Friar Lawrence): Stay not to question, for the Watch is coming. Come go, good Juliet, I dare no longer stay. (Juliet): Go get thee hence, for I will not away." Friar Lawrence puts himself before Juliet, and worries about getting caught by the watch. He leaves Juliet when she needs him most.

those are just some examples.