Why are so many women concerned with the lives of celebrities?

I just can't understand the fascination. I mean, I think Tom Hanks is a great actor, but I couldn't care less about what he does in his down time. And the celebrities most girls choose to follow are just ridiculous. The Kardashian girls??? Seriously??? One is only famous because she made a sex tape with some C-list R&B singer I never heard of (and I listen to R&B, so that's sad). The other two are famous because their sister made a sex tape with some C-list R&B singer I never heard of. I don't care if Jennifer Aniston ever gets married or has a baby, and "Brangelina" adopting their 23rd kid from a third-world country has zero effect on my life and isn't worth wasting even a second thinking about.

I'm obsessed with sports, football in particular. But when the Patriots game is over and Tom Brady puts on his fruity Capri pants and goes home, that's where it ends. I might talk during the week about what might happen in the next game, but I don't care what Tom and the other guys do in their personal lives so long as it doesn't affect the team's performance. Also, I played the game for most of my life and will be starting coaching soon, so it's more than a casual thing for me.

I don't mean this offensively, but this is a major reason why women aren't taken seriously sometimes. My girlfriend has it all: she's gorgeous, she's a great person, and she'd run circles around me academically. She could do anything she puts her mind to, which is more than I can say for myself and the majority of the population. But it blows my mind that someone like her can find any amusement in Keeping Up with the skanky-a$$ Kardashians, or watching a bunch of ratchet-a$$ strippers get drunk and fight each other on Bad Girls Club. Susan B. Anthony must be spinning in her grave.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

• WWCSD
    Favorite Answer

Women don't even understand themselves.

because women are obsessed with money and fame. they love walking into a room and being thought of as important. that's what life is all about with them. it's better than a contact sport.

that's all they care about.

They don't care about splitting an atom or developing flying cars. Looks is the epicenter of their world.

i'm sorry, yet this guy or woman's strategies sound like communism or something--everybody might desire to might desire to benefit English? "it is united states of america , our consumer-friendly language is English and tries to sell a bi- or multi-lingual society are specific to fail and to marginalize people who can not talk in English." united states of america's "consumer-friendly language" isn't something--in simple terms simply by fact somebody speaks English would not cause them to an American. that's like saying in simple terms Caucasians are people. definite, i'm mad with regard to the taxes (ok, i do no longer might desire to pay taxes yet, i'm in simple terms 13!) yet we'd desire to desire for the final. besides, it worked for the super melancholy, and if it worked then it is going to (with a bit of luck) artwork now.

Sometimes it's nice to get away from your own life I suppose. We all have our different ways of doing it.