pdooma
pdooma asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Aren't you glad AZ gun shop canceled Mark Kelly's AR-15 purchase?

Once they discovered he wasn't planning on using the firearm for his own use?

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2013/...

No, he got on the news and bragged about how easy it was to buy one. Of course, he hadn't had his background check...and didn't have the gun in hand. Maybe it's not as easy as he thought.

Sues him for....? He's already said he's not going to use it for his own purpose. That gives them the right to cancel the sale. You know, under the straw purchase law.

For those of you who have never bought a gun, on the background check paperwork it specifically asks if the buyer plans to use the firearm for their own personal use, meaning is the buyer buying for themselves or someone else? Mark Kelly marked Yes and then announced in the media that he was going to turn it over to Tucson PD. Technically, this disqualified him from purchasing the gun. The gun shop followed the law as they should have. Mark Kelly intended to break the law even though he was going to turn it over to the TPD, he lied on the background paperwork, by law he should be prosecuted for that but we all know that he won't be.

Capt Mark Kelly USN Ret should lose his retirement and be charged with falsifying a government document and fraud. His Application does not say he was buying the weapon for a gift (for the AZ police) it says personal use. He then states he intends to give it to another without declaring that as his intention, he either lied on the form or lied to the press and Congress. He is trapped by his lies....

Fast and Furious did the same thing people buying guns for other purposes other than what was stated on the federal form to buy the weapon....what he has done is a felony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_4473#eForm_4473

Source(s): Whiskey
  • ?

The gun store owner has the right to refuse service to anyone.

The right to swing your fist ends where another mans nose begins. Kelly's Second Amendment right is trumped by the Store owners private property rights.

It's disgraceful that an avid shooter like Kelly would turn traitor like this.

Nobody can compel a gun dealer to sell anything to anybody.

What do you mean, "His own use"?

His intended use was to demonstrate how easy it is to obtain an AR-15 without a background check. That's how he wanted to use the gun. He made his point, not that you'll ever understand it.

Who are you to say what uses are appropriate, as long as no one else is harmed?

The straw purchase law applies where you assign the gun to someone else for THEIR use. That's not what happened here.

Mark Kelly is a prick. I don't like him.

Oh, is there a Hypocrites Ban in place?

If I decide to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights will the local firearms dealer ask me to say "I love guns and there should be no bans or control on guns at all!!!" before they sell me a gun?

What if I just want to destroy the gun? I can still buy it right? No? I can only buy an assault weapon if I intend on assaulting empty beer cans or Bambi?

LOL...bunch of stupid capitalists.

A gun control advocate trying to buy a gun? How ironic.

This article seems to be in favor of police having guns. I do not think they should on duty that would be funny.

Makes sense.

Did he lie on the background check?