Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 years ago

Homosexuality: Choice or mental illness?

Personally i think it has to do with the brain, since studies have proven that. And besides you don't choose what gender you like.

42 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

Choice.

Nobody is born "Gay" either, as that implies it's a genetic error, causing a man or woman to look at someone of their own gender in a sexual way. This, however cannot be the case, as for that to happen, the mutant gene would of have to been transmitted from the Gay parent to the child, which is impossible since Neither Gay men or Women can reproduce.

• 7 years ago

mental illness, heck no

choice, sometimes. With some people, after experiencing sex related traumatic event(s) in their life, they might choice this or that sexual orientation. I've seen/heard about this more from women. Like it doesn't even have to be sex related or traumatic. I have a friend who used to be in this relationship with this guy and he did her so bad. Took her a while to get over him. Now she has a girlfriend and they are living happily together.

Really and truly, I think that being gay or bi (in most cases) comes as natural as being straight.

Source(s): A straight gal
  • Wes
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Brain, but I wouldn't call it a mental illness

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Personal choice however some people have said they knew they were gay as young as 6 yrs old .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Neither! I didn't wake up one day and say "oh, I wanna be a lesbian for the rest of my life" like no it doesn't work that way! I'm also not mentally ill!

• 7 years ago

My opinion only ... it to do with the tribal instinct when the population is high almost at plague proportions there is less urge and pressure to reproduce...a higher preportion of the population will not reproduce and be gay

• 7 years ago

It's not a Choice,

it's genetic,

not a mental illness

unless you consider

heterosexuality some type of Mental illness too

• 7 years ago

I think Like hair and eye colour, its something that a person is from birth.....there is nothing wrong with it, ...all people deserve to Love and be Loved.

• John67
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Not sure your desires are a choice, but having sex with someone is always a choice.

• Ash
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Neither

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.