Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

I'm not a Republican, so how could I ever become a Christian?

Those are the same thing.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

You do not have to be a Republican to become a Christian. Gullibility, however, is REQUIRED.

• 7 years ago

^Mormons are technically classified as Christians. That Church is a denomination.

There are some Christian doctrines and beliefs that can lead to conclusions Republican in nature, but that does not meant they are the same thing. Though religious belief does correlate with the Republican Party, there are nonbelievers in both major Parties.

• Lynn
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Your erroneous information and bitterness do not serve you well, Sparrow.

EDIT NOTE: You come on here trying to attack Christians but the atheists end up defending them against your drivel. You might want to become acquainted with something called facts and another thing called truth.

Source(s): atheist
  • 7 years ago

You don't have to be an Republican to be a Christian.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Faith is between you and God. If you trust Jesus as your Lord and Savior you are a Christian, (child of God) political affiliation has nothing to do with faith. The only issue is what does your platform consist of as a voter. The Democratic Party on it's platform is pro abortion and pro same sex marriage those issues are contrary to the word of God. This is where things get sticky. Watch out how you vote and do not support issues that are contrary to Gods word.

• 7 years ago

There are liberal Christians: Unitarians, Episcopal, etc. They're not mutually exclusive categories. Why someone who is progressive in their thinking would *want* to be a Christian is really beyond me. To each their own, it is a free country.

Source(s): Buddhist
  • 7 years ago

First of all, no there not. Christianity was not founded under a republic, it was founded under a despotism(monarchy). i Peter verifies this by stating that we should "Honor the King", and when Christ said "render unto Cesar the things which be Cesar's. Im not saying we SHOULD be a monarchy, but that regardless of the branch of politics you sponsor, you can be a Christian.

Source(s): antiochbiblesociety.org/
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

just cause your a republican doesnt make you a christian like this dude explains in the video. I am a liberal pantheist with no political party, I try to respect everyones beliefs.

Edit I dont care if you thumb me down, it wont change what i think.

Source(s): Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Spoken Word . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY
  • 7 years ago

I'm a LaVeyan Satanist(basically elite atheist) and I, as well as all of my Satanist friends, take a very Republican stance when it comes to politics.

• you are in error in your understanding of both "republicans", and those of The True Christian Faith

in fact...it might be best to put the world's poitics aside when one is seeking to come to God

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.