How to forward calls from one number on a distinctive ring phone line?

I have a distinctive ring phone line - there are two different phone numbers going into one line. Currently, the line is plugged into my fax machine. If the incoming call is for #1 phone number, my fax will answer it. If the incoming call is for the #2 phone number, my fax machine will not answer it. That call... show more I have a distinctive ring phone line - there are two different phone numbers going into one line. Currently, the line is plugged into my fax machine. If the incoming call is for #1 phone number, my fax will answer it. If the incoming call is for the #2 phone number, my fax machine will not answer it. That call will be pickup by the answering machine that is plugged into the extension line on the back of the fax machine.
So, I would like to transfer all call for the #2 phone number to another line, so I can have a human answering service answer all the calls for the #2 phone number.
AT&T Said they cannot forward the calls on a distinctive ring phone line. I do not want to pay for a second line. The fax machine has no call forwarding option on it.