Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 8 years ago

mild night sweats chills cancer?

for a week or so, ive been waking up in the middle of the night with a damp chest, back, and perspiration behind my knees. at first i thought i had lymphoma but had blodwork done last week and white blood cell count was fine. I have heard of a cancer thats really freaking me out called pheocromocytoma cancer in your brain or kidneys that causes night sweats and hormone imbalance im freaked out because i really think i have this my breast havent grown in years im flat and 20 years old and now im experiencing night sweats and chills and itchy watery eyes and nose, plus webmd said panic attacks and anxiety/dizziness can be a sign of pheocromocytoma and i have panic attacks on a weekly basis. Im terrified i really think i have this cancer and im going to die

Update:

ps my room is 40 degrees this isnt because its too hot

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lark
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There's an expression about when you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras. There are many causes of mild night sweats besides an exceptionally rare type of cancer. Your body could simply be reacting to the conditions of the room. Why do you keep your bedroom 40 degrees at night? Do you have to pile on blankets to stay warm? When you go to sleep your brain tries to achieve a lower temperature for your body. Your body sort of has it own internal thermostat, and when it's too hot or too cold it struggles to adapt. It's actually possible that you're sweating at night because your room is way too cold and it's stressing your body. It seems like when you saw your doctor and had the blood work you would have discussed your concerns and gotten feedback directly from him / her. What did your doctor say? If you had another type of cancer your white blood cell count would probably be off. Are you taking any medications? Some medications can cause night sweats. Antidepressants in particular can cause them.

The overreaction you're having to night sweats makes me wonder if anxiety is the cause of them. Most of us have night sweats from time to time, but most of us don't spaz out and become terrified that we have a rare cancer and are going to die from it. If what you've written here is genuine and you truly are having panic attacks on a weekly basis, you really need to see a psychiatrist or a therapist. Your reaction isn't healthy to your mind or your body. Are you in college? I am, and though I love it, the stress can take its toll and disrupt sleep. Perhaps that's adding to your anxiety.

Hormone fluctuations can cause night sweats. You continue to have hormone changes for life; it's not just something that happens when you're developing. Pay attention to when you have the sweats and see if they're occurring near the start of your cycle. The watery eyes and nose could be caused from allergies, a small infection, or from it being way too cold in your room. It might not be connected to your night sweats.

Try adjusting your room conditions. Bring the temperature up to a more hospitable 68 degrees. Keep your bed clean so dust doesn't bother you. Do yoga and other forms of exercise to alleviate stress. Stop obsessing and just enjoy your life. The night sweats might stop if you do.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Source(s): Reduce Sweating Naturally http://givitry.info/ExcessiveSweatingTreatment
  • faye
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Mild Night Sweats Lymphoma

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

So..

If Excessive sweating is your problem you'll find here vert good tips: http://hyperhidrosis.toptips.org/

About 2% to 3% of the general population experience excessive sweating a condition called hyperhidrosis which can occur with or without a trigger. The most common type is called primary (or focal) hyperhidrosis and it has no known cause, although it seems to run in families. You may have a different type of excessive sweating called secondary (or generalized) hyperhidrosis.

This means that your symptoms may be due to an underlying medical condition or disease (e.g., nerve damage or a hormone disorder), or due to a side effect of a medication you are taking. Talk to your doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.