21 weeks pregnant and sex is painful?

So when I was like 19 weeks pregnant maybe even 18 I had intercourse with my boyfriend and it was very very painful so I went to my ob and told her how painful it was and she took a look right away she said I had a really bad yeast infection than she swabed it like a pap smear and sent it in to be tested for different kinds of infections she had prescribed me a pill and a cream to put only on the outside so I did that and had intercourse today I am almost 22 weeks prego it was ok at first not as painful as before but still a lil painful than we tried to do doggy and it felt like his dick was a needle poking at me now that we finished im still sore. Im pregnant so its kinda a big deal I've already been testes for stds and bacterial infections and all came out clear even the yeast came out negative but she said something about.it.being negative cause it was external yeast.

Is it possible it could be from not having sex for so long?

Favorite Answer

Dude I'm having the same problem.. Since about half way through my pregnancy.

Source(s): 38 weeks pregnant

When I was pregnant I couldn't do a lot of different positions after I reached about 15 weeks. Sex became painful unless I was missionary really. I did end up with an infection as well an I got the cream (the pill try have isn't safe for baby) and it got rid of it but the pain from it didn't go away really. Plus, apparently it's extremely easy to get a yeast infection or recurring yeast infections while pregnant, you may need to go back to the doc and see. If not, just try a different position or maybe just have him slow down if that would change things

did you complete your antibiotics before having sex this time? if not, having sex with an infections worsens the infection by pushing the bacteria further into your vagina. if you are clear of infection, the only thing i can think of, is that when i got further into my pregnancy my vagina became swollen. the swelling comes and goes. its because of blood in your body, something normal with pregnancy. that kind of made sex hurt a bit but definitely not too painful.

Source(s): having baby in 8 days :)