Christians; What do you think of gay marriage?

I, personally, am a 13 year old christian. I have three lesbian family members, so i support gay rights. I know the bible says somewhere that homosexuality is a sin, and that is true, but jesus died for our sins. Also, our God is a loving and forgiving person! I think God would rather let a gay couple who adopted a child and loved that child into heaven than a straight couple who have way too many children, drink often, and beat them. I believe that our God is a wonderful, loving person, and If you're a good member of society, God will forgive you for your sins!

That is just my opinion, what do you guys think and why? (:

Thanks for all the answers so quickly, wow! I appreciate all feedback. (: So, I'm straight, but am I hurting myself in God's eyes by supporting gay rights? Although God doesn't approve of gay marriage, I don't think he approves of us bullying people for being gay, either.

• Dawn C
    Favorite Answer

I respect your opinion, and I understand that in your situation, it would be hard to think any differently. But God's word tells us that homosexuality is wrong. No amount of excuses, good intentions, arguments for it being 'normal', TV shows that advocate it as ok, books that tell us there is nothing wrong, etc, is going to change God's word. Either we accept God as the final authority, or we don't. If we say homosexuality is okay, then we make God out to be a liar, and we are touting OUR law and OUR feelings and OUR thoughts about what is right over God's law.

Yes, God will forgive people who are gay- IF they forsake sin and obey Him. But Jesus made it clear that if we continue to live in a sinful lifestyle, people who do this will not enter the kingdom of heaven. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. We must let God be God. We may not like His rules. We may not think it's fair. We may think it's old fashioned. But God says it is wrong, and no amount of crying, tantrums and argument is going to change His mind.

Now, to answer your question- if gays want to marry, then let them marry. Those who are pagans are going to act like pagans, and it is not my job to tell them they have to act like Christians. Without the Holy Spirit, it is impossible for them to be any different. However, for Christians, it would be wrong for them to be gay and marry. If a Christian is gay, and wants to remain celibate, (and I know some), then I believe God is merciful and forgiving, and will help them deal with the urges they struggle with. But if he marries another gay and rebels against God by continuing to live in sin, well, then I would question his relationship to God. The fellowship would certainly be destroyed with God, because God cannot have fellowship with those who are in constant sin.

Edit: If you are straight, and you want to please God, I wouldn’t support gay rights, but I wouldn’t put them down either. You should continue to love those family members who are gay, but if you want to do what is right, you must choose to believe and obey God rather than man. We live in a society that is overwhelmingly being deceived by the enemy of God to believe that sin is okay. But it’s NOT okay. The path to life is narrow, and few are those who find it, Jesus tells us. It won’t be easy- because you will have opposition. But if God is for you, who can be against you?

• While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. The first mention of marriage, Genesis 2:24, describes it as a man leaving his parents and being united to his wife. In passages that contain instructions regarding marriage, such as 1 Corinthians 7:2-16 and Ephesians 5:23-33, the Bible clearly identifies marriage as being between a man and a woman. Biblically speaking, marriage is the lifetime union of a man and a woman, primarily for the purpose of building a family and providing a stable environment for that family.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/gay-marriage.html#ixzz...

Source(s): TR

I think that as long as two consenting adults are involved and they both love each other to each their own. Those who believe same-sex marriages will lead to pedo marriages or beast marriage are ignorant. Both parties cannot consent, there for the marriage wouldn't be legal.

No where in the new testament does Jesus, the one Christians are suppose to follow, speak against same-sex couples. The Apostle Paul does, but he's a man, and that can easily be his own opinion. Remember that problem he speaks about needed extra help with? Could it be a hatred of what he sees as abnormal? We don't know. The old testament is quoted as showing same-sex relationships are bad. But that is from the old convent, which was thrown out when Jesus died.

You're not hurting your self, you are just an open minded person. Most Christians are not, and that's where they cannot make up their own feelings and have to follow another.

Source(s): I'm not a christian, but felt you needed some support.

Just because you seem to be getting a lot of bigoted responses,

While I am no longer Christian, I come from a family of loving Christians. They are completely accepting of gay marriage. My family reads the bible and understands that it was written in a different culture and during a different time. They accept that times change, and that people cannot help their sexuality. They were against it, until one of my cousins came out. Then they researched it and formed their own opinion, they didn't just parrot the opinions of others.

I am 20 years old, and they formed this opinion before I was born. I was raised christian, and was taught to be accepting and nonjudgemental. I was told that only God should judge.

Like I said, I am no longer christian, I do not believe in God, however I believe that people should practice what they preach, and that he who is without sin should cast the first stone.

Source(s): Spiritual Atheist.

The practice of homosexuality is destructive to the human soul and God gave His warnings about this in the Bible. Supporting gay marriage is a sin because it means to support homosexuality. If a nation legalizes gay marriage, that nation will be cursed.

Iniquities (sinful tendencies) pass down the generation line if they are not removed by the Blood of the Lord Jesus. Homosexuality is caused by iniquity and the Blood of Jesus cleanses the iniquities of all who accept Him as their Saviour.

After a person accepts the Lord Jesus as their Saviour, they are transformed and made a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). So the gay person would be changed and so would the alcoholic, liar, drug addict, fornicator etc. It's the power of the Blood of Christ and the Holy Spirit in the believer that brings about this transformation.

REDEMPTION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH

Because mankind is incapable of meeting God’s standard of perfection necessary to abide in God’s presence (Romans 3:19-20,23), God sent His Son Jesus Christ to pay the total debt for the believer’s sins and mercifully credits to his account Christ’s righteousness (Romans 3:21-28,5:1-11; 2 Corinthians 5:18-21). Jesus’ gracious act of atonement was complete and covers all sin (Colossians 2:13-14; 1 John 1:9). Salvation is not based on good deeds but according to the mercy of God (Titus 3:4-5). Believers are justified by faith; it is a gift by God’s grace (Romans 4:3-8; Ephesians 2:8-9). A true, living faith will result in a desire to live a holy, loving life of good works (Ephesians 2:10; Galatians 5:6; James 2:14-26), but failure to be absolutely successful at righteous living does not negate the believer’s justified status.

If you sincerely say this prayer, your sins will be washed away, you will be redeemed to God, be saved from eternal torment and inherit the Kingdom of God:

"Dear Jesus,

I am a sinner.

I repent of my sins.

Please forgive me and save me by your shed blood;

come into my heart.

I want to receive you as my own personal Lord and Savior.

Amen"

• Tyvern

God certainly is loving and forgiving! I do not support gay marriage, but I am not opposed to it, either. Gay rights should exist, though; no one should be mistreated for their sexual orientation. The only problem I have with the LGBT community is how some of its members attack religion in an attempt to be accepted into society, which is wrong on many levels. Cornering the president of Chick-fil-a into making a vaguely homophobic remark when trying to avoid the question was unfair.

God still loves you if your gay BUT..sorry you will not enter heaven if your gay..says so in the Bible..but you CAN pray God changes their heart. yes Jesus died for your sins..but that doesn't mean to keep sinning.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

Our Creator established rules governing marriage long before governments began regulating the institution. The opening book of the Bible tells us: “A man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.” (Genesis 2:24) The Hebrew word “wife,” according to Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, “connotes one who is a female human being.” Jesus confirmed that those yoked together in marriage should be “male and female.”—Matthew 19:4.

Thus, God intended marriage to be a permanent and an intimate bond between a man and a woman. Men and women are designed to complement each other so they may be capable of satisfying each other’s emotional, spiritual, and sexual needs and desires.

The well-known Biblical account of Sodom and Gomorrah reveals God’s feelings about homosexuality. God declared: “The cry of complaint about Sodom and Gomorrah, yes, it is loud, and their sin, yes, it is very heavy.” (Genesis 18:20) The extent of their sinful depravity at that time was apparent when two guests visited the righteous man Lot. “The men of Sodom . . . surrounded the house, from boy to old man, all the people in one mob. And they kept calling out to Lot and saying to him: ‘Where are the men who came in to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have intercourse with them.’” (Genesis 19:4, 5) The Bible says: “The men of Sodom were bad and were gross sinners against Jehovah.”—Genesis 13:13.

The men became “violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males.” (Romans 1:27) They had “gone out after flesh for unnatural use.” (Jude 7) In countries where homosexual rights campaigns are pervasive, some may object to using the word “unnatural” to describe homosexual behavior. However, is not God the final arbiter when it comes to nature? He commanded his ancient people: “You must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.”— Leviticus 18:22.

The Bible is clear: God does not approve of or condone homosexual practices. He also disapproves of people who “consent with those practicing them.” (Romans 1:32) And “marriage” cannot give homosexuality a cloak of respectability. God’s direction that “marriage be honorable among all” precludes homosexual unions, which he considers detestable.—Hebrews 13:4.

Still, with God’s help, anyone can learn to “abstain from fornication,” which includes homosexual acts, and “get possession of his own vessel in sanctification and honor.”(1 Thessalonians 4:3, 4) Admittedly, this is not always easy. Nathan#, who formerly pursued a homosexual life-style, said: “I thought I could never stop.” But he did change with help from “the spirit of our God.”(1 Corinthians 6:11) As Nathan discovered, no problem is too big for Jehovah, who can provide the strength and help needed to meet His standards and receive His blessings.—Psalm 46:1.

Gay marriage should only be legislated in societies when it is socially advantageous to do so. As most societies in the world currently frown upon homosexuality itself, it would be unwise and premature to allow same sex marriage as it risks the lives of homosexuals and the society in question.

• FROG E

Homosexual sex is a sin...if a homosexual person does not confess & repent.....they will pay for their sins in hell. God will forgive if you want forgiveness, but you must repent.