Effect of third hand smoking for babies?

So we all know first hand smoke is from the person smoking, second hand smoking is smoking around someone. Third hand is the toxins that stick to you clothes and hair. Were having a discussion and some ppl are saying third hand smoke is harmless and not as harmful as the air we breath. So picking ur baby up after getting jome from somewhere u.smoked is it dangerous or harmful to ur baby.

Favorite Answer

The toxins that stick to your clothes can harm your child if they take these clothes in their mouth. It is best that you keep your baby away from clothes from these toxic chemicals.

It will have to be adequate for an hour, you may need to ask that they no longer smoke for approximately an hour before you get there but you do not have to. My family smokes to and that i was always concerned so I talked to the pediatrician about it and he or she stated that as long as they did not smoke in the course of the talk over with it might be good enough, not the exceptional trouble however can be adequate and should not have an have an effect on on the child until the little one is allergic to smoke, if that often is the case then there would be more locations you possibly avoided from travelling.

When I was pregnant with out daughter and went to birthing classes I actually asked this question. The midwife told us to wear a different shirt over our clothes when we went out for a smoke and to take it off and wash our hands before we handled the baby again.

If we were out, I would generally have a jumper or cardigan on, so I would just take it off before I picked up our daughter, and her father would do the same thing.

We also had light flannelett shirts that hung near our front door for when smokers came over so that they could slip them on over their clothes as they came in. All of these got washed once a week same as sheets and towels.

Source(s): Personal experience

I, personally, would only be worried about if the baby had a habit of putting her mouth on my shirt - like most teething/young babies tend to do.