What was that Bible story...?

I was at mass and I have to write a homily report, but I can't find the reading in my bible OR on the internet...

The story was about people not believeing that Jesus was the son of God, and people spoke about having proof, and not believing without it.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Help help help thank yooou!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

I do believe you are referring to the story in John 8, where the scribes and the scribes and the pharisees challenged the deity of Christ by asking "by what authority do you do these things..." which resulting in a message by the Lord ending in the great saying "I AM" uttered from the mouth of Christ, saying that he WAS the great "I AM" that had spoken to Moses in Exodus 3:14.

The "Gospel" (meaning "good news") is merely the story of mans original sin in Genesis 3, making man sinners by nature(Rom.3:23), and in need of a saviour(Romans 6:23), combined with Gods fulfillment of that need by sending Jesus Christ into the world to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (iJohn1:9).

It is written in more complete detail at http://www.antiochbiblesociety.org/doctrinal-state...

• Greg J
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Was this Friday? If so, then the passage was John 10:31-42. If today, then it was John 11: 45-56, but mentions little about belief and proof like yesterday's reading.

• Bryce
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Sounds like Matthew 12:38-40 to me. The Pharisees request a sign and Christ says a wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign but none shall be given it except the sign of Jonah.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sounds like the Doubting Thomas story.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.