Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Why is it when I ask religious people to quote me a message they got from Jesus they give me bible verses?

Is that all the messages he sends you people, is bible quotes?

(And yes I'm asking specifically about Jesus Christ, not your gardener.)

.

Favorite Answer

I have a personal relationship with Abraham Lincoln by reading Killing Lincoln and the Gettysburg Address.

I'm not sure what you are asking, perhaps you don't know either. You ask this question as though each Christian is sitting before Jesus doing a bible study and He specifically gave each of them a answer to a question they put before Him. I can speak for myself, and perhaps in prayer, or before a big decision or in the quiet of bible study, a question is quietly answered within my soul...a voice...that says go to college, or my role in life is to help people...or been warned not to go down a road that I later learned there was a bad accident and lives were lost...or in a very low point of my life, when I thought to kill myself, a felt a embrace like a mother does to a child that go me through the roughest night of my life and I am still here today. Others, non-believers would pass off many things, whisperings, someone coming to us in a time of need, another who helps us to answer a question we had be tossing around in our minds, a donation of money, a basket of food, as coincidences, or chance...but incidences where so sound and sure, we know it was God or Jesus's answers, messages or directions on choices we should choose. Outside of that, the bible has a lot of answers to questions we pose daily...you can choose ot open you heart and seek to find the answers or choose to daily ask God to prove He exists by asking Him to do stunts for your eyes to observe.

good question,

jesus is the word of God, and the bible is called the word of God, but everyone knows that the bible is not jesus.

yet, the first things people think of is bible verses.

i get dreams and dream visions, i see spirits, and lately i am getting visited by "dead people". i never know what message it is they are saying, maybe a few things.

why are spirits always ugly when they're dead?

Jesus sent me a vision . . I was in a dark place & I was slipping feet first into a bright white coiled light. I wasn't sure what was in that light but I became frightened & started thrashing trying to break free. Then, suddenly from behind me, two arms gently caught me under my arms & cross my chest. At that time, I head this voice behind me say, it's OK, I've got you. I instantly relaxed & floated into the light.

I had been going through a really rough time in my life & I had lots of doubt about my spirituality & salvation. This came at just the right time for me. It was reassurance to me that I was safely clasped in the hands of my God & no one would pluck me from His grasp.

I'll tell you this too . . . I am very close to my Mom & Dad. We hugs each other regularly & when I hug my Mom or Dad, I can literally feel the love for me from them in their arms. I can feel it in my heart too. I can honestly say that all the love in the arms of my Mom & dad could not come close to the love I felt in the arms of my Lord the night he held me. I feared nothing & I knew who He was. There no other feeling in the world & no words could ever really describe it.

So there's you a quote. :-)

It fulfilled the prophecy of the previous testmt. playstation 22:a million specific! via fact God had to teach far flung from the Crucifixion of the Lord. The sins of the international have been upon Jesus the best 2d of his loss of life. i'm confident he substitute into in extremely some discomfort laying off blood for us on the time. via fact the sky grew darkish interior the early night Jesus' loss of life substitute into to hand. His artwork substitute into now no longer in the international yet approximately to transition to the grave. Jesus with the flexibility to fell the discomfort and techniques of people who stood to stare and ridicule him entire HEARTED LY needed to have the skill to realize even them. they chosen unbelief and that i'm confident he felt forsaken understanding even them would have been saved. Behold the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sins of the international!

Because it is primarily through his word that he speaks. Although he does reveal things to us by his spirit (John 16:13), his word is his primary mode of revelation and communication with his children. (iiPeter 1:19-21)

pooperscoop; although i may not agree completely with your method of conveying the idea, I do like the message of your answer in general; and the bible agrees with you. iiPeter 3:5, Ps.14:1...

• AGM

The Lord speaks to us in different ways but everything he says we must test with his word to know if it agrees with his word and is from Him and not a deceiving spirit masquerading as an angel of light.

Source(s): If it line's up with God's word it's from God, if it opposes His infallible and eternal word it's Not.

Christ is the Word; therefore, what he said is the message.

If you do not understand that, just put it on the shelf and leave it there.

• angel

Jesus is asking you, will you hear Him knocking at the door of your heart or will you just continue to harden it. God is not mocked.

• thats the messages they think he gave them dude...u should be asking for proof of god not things he supposedly said