Uncommon birthday party ideas for 23-24 year old women?

My birthday is coming up at the end of May, and I need help trying to think of an "outside the box" idea for a party. For the last few years I do a dual birthday party with my friend as we share the same birthday just 1 year apart. We always go out to the bar, getting boring. We don't want to have a... show more My birthday is coming up at the end of May, and I need help trying to think of an "outside the box" idea for a party. For the last few years I do a dual birthday party with my friend as we share the same birthday just 1 year apart. We always go out to the bar, getting boring. We don't want to have a house party because everyone does that. My best friend had the idea for her birthday to have a formal black tie event at a bar she practically rented out. That is an awesome idea! I wanna do something uncommon like that, any ideas? Please keep in mind that we don't have a lot of money to spend, and alcohol has to be involved. This party is two women ages 23 and 24.

GO!
Update: I live in the city, Tacoma WA (Smaller version of Seattle).