Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Shows similar to The Walking Dead?

Can somebody tell me some shows that are similar to The Walking Dead. I'm not saying it has to be post-apocalyptic or about zombies but I just want a good show that has a continuous storyline like The Walking Dead and not staying in one place and new stories every episode like a sitcom. Someone suggested Breaking Bad but that show is ending soon.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

These are my favorite Drama T.V. Shows that I recommend for you to watch: *Available on Netflix

The Vampire Diaries* - About a girl named Elena Gilbert, and these two vampire brothers named Stefan and Damon Salvatore, who are in love with her. Their's no other way for me to describe it, other then being just amazing. Vampires, werewolves, witches, hybrids, and doppelgangers are involved. And they all live in a fictional town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. This T.V. series is based on the books by L.J. Smith, but they don't follow the book very often. Great show! :) This show has four seasons so far (but only three on Netflix), and it's already been confirmed they're making a fifth season! :D

Lost* - About a group of survivors who land on an island after being in a plane crash, and you see their experience, and how living on the island has changed them. You get connected to each character so emotionally, it can shock you on how much they affect you for what they do. Sadly, the show ended after six seasons, but it's one of the best shows in television history, no doubt about that... I definitely recommend watching it! :D

Kyle XY* - About a very unique boy named Kyle, who awakes in the middle of nowhere, with no belly button. He's taken in by a loving family, who help him figure out who he is and help recover his memories. It's a very great show, and makes you realize how much family means to others. This show only went on for three seasons, but was definitely worth watching! :)

Roswell* - About a girl named Liz Parker who falls in love with an alien named Max Evans, who acts like a human, and has a normal life with his family. You see the aliens trying to find out where they're from, who their real family are, etc. It's a deep show, and I've seen the whole series multiple times, I can't get over it. I believe it's one of the best shows I've ever seen, and that anyone can watch it. :) This show ended after three reasons, but it's definitely worth watching. And obviously, they all live in Roswell, New Mexico. :D

Firefly* - About a group of people who live on a firefly spaceship named Serenity, and do jobs for people, like steal goods, etc. It's a space western show, and is set in the future. You get to learn about each character, and it's just a deep show that makes you want to cry at times. Sadly, it was canceled after their first season. They couldn't even finish the season, they only had fourteen episodes. I know you may be thinking, why should I watch this show if it only lasted a season? But I have to say, I never regretted it once. It's an amazing show that deserves to be watched.

Revenge - About a woman named Emily Thorne (birth name Amanda Clarke), who tries to get revenge on a family named the Graysons, for taking advantage of her father, David Clarke, and having him killed. It's a really great show, and makes you want to watch the next episode right away! :D This show has two seasons so far.

The Following - About a serial killer named Joe Carroll, who enjoyed murdering young women in the gothic hero's honor, but then got caught. He spent hours in the prison library on the Internet, building a network of copycat killers who hang onto his every command (basically, a cult). He escaped prison with the help of his followers. Now, a former FBI agent, Ryan Hardy, who brought Joe down the first time, has to consult on the case again. It's a very suspenseful show, and makes you bite your nails and get goosebumps. :D This show is currently on its first season, and it's already been confirmed they're making a second season! :D

And even though "Breaking Bad" is going to end soon, I still would recommend to watch it! It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, and it's just pure amazing! :D

Hope this helped! :)

I was going to say Falling Skies very similar to the walking dead but with aliens instead of zombies.

you should check out "The Dead Set"

a UK miniseries about a zombie apocalypse

it is really really good!

You need to watch Game of Thrones.

Source(s): Game of Thrones needs to be watched by you.