Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

How long is the air force TACP training?

I am looking into to air force TACP career in the air force, I just want to know how long their training is, and also what kinds of civilian jobs i could get after i leave the military.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

First you attend 8.5 weeks of BMT then....

All TACP candidates attend a 85-day training course at Hurlburt Field, Florida, home of Air Force Special Operations Command. After one year of being CMR and having the 5 skill level Airmen are eligible to attend Joint Terminal Attack Controller qualification course at Nellis AFB or if in Europe the USAFE AGOS. Attendance on this course is based on training NCO and commanders recommendation and is not guaranteed.

All TACP candidates now attend a 5-day long indoctrination course at Lackland AFB immediately following basic military training. The course is designed to educate candidates on the TACP career field and also to weed out any candidates not fit to continue on to the TACP schoolhouse. A PAST test and a 4-mile ruck march must be completed to pass.

Initial Training

Block I Basic Career Knowledge (5 Days)

Basic career knowledge and associated publications.

Block II Portable Communications Equipment (20 Days)

Portable radio familiarization and training.

Block III Communications Pallet (11 Days)

Vehicle-mounted radio communications familiarization and training.

Block IV Ground Environment Training (20 Days)

Field training exercise, Day and night land navigation, vehicle navigation, convoy training, and small unit tactics. Also, including training in bivouac setup, site selection, patrolling methods, and day and night navigation on foot and in a vehicle.

Block V Air Support Coordination/Weapons Systems (5 Days)

Methods and means of requesting close air support, weapons effects and utilization, and other coordination procedures.

Block VI Close Air Support Procedures (12 Days)

Field training exercise, including close air support planning and execution.

Advanced Training

United States Air Force Combat Survival School – SERE Course—3 weeks, Fairchild AFB, Washington

United States Army Airborne School** – Basic Parachutist Course—3 weeks, Fort Benning, Georgia

Special Tactics Advanced Skills Course – 12 weeks, Hurlburt Field, Florida

Optional Advanced Training

US Army Jumpmaster Course — Fort Benning, Georgia[

US Army Air Assault School – Fort Campbell, Kentucky (in addition to other locations that offer this course, such Schoefield Barracks, Hawaii)

US Army Ranger School – Fort Benning, Georgia

Special Forces Military Freefall Course—Freefall Parachuting Course – 5 weeks, Fort Bragg, North Carolina and Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona

Special Forces Combat Diver Qualification Course – Open and Closed-Circuit SCUBA and Waterborne Infiltration Course-5 weeks, NAS Key West, Florida

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Survive Everywhere http://givitry.info/SurviveAlmostAnything
  • 4 years ago

I'm assuming you don't know how few people actually get in the USAF, as a result of downsizing way to much, the most I can help you with is to refer you to a army or navy career closely related to the one your interested in. Question is, can you swim?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.