My parents don't approve of me getting some ebony?

I am a Caucasian male and I have a black girlfriend. I introduced her to my parents but they don't like her and I know it's because she's black because they've never been too fond of black people. Every time I go out with her or am on the phone with her, they would always try to find an excuse to interrupt me. It's so obvious how much they want to sabotage my relationship. I love my parents to death but quite frankly I am getting sick of their behavior. I really like this girl so is there anything I can do to maybe fix this situation somehow?

Favorite Answer

yeeeee just want that BBP HUH DOG

I think your first option would have to be confronting them. Tell them you have a feeling they do not like your girlfriend. If they say that isn't true then say you're glad however you'd really appreciate if they'd respect your and her time enough to either ask you before if they want something or wait until you're finished your conversation. Now' if they say yes they don't like her then ask why. As they tell you all be excuses they can pull out of their butts about why they don't like her just calmly listen and try not to roll your eyes. When they're finished, tell them as believable as those excuses sound, with all due respect it shouldn't affect them as you are the one spending your free time with her not them. After that tell them that you really believe that their view of her may be because of some prejudices they have and by them acting on it, they are being racist. Tell them so far, you've kept this suspicion to yourself but you feel that your girlfriend deserves to know and anyone else you care to tell.

You really can't quickly change your parent's prejudices, that takes time. However you can shame them so they'll get better at keeping it hidden. Good luck!

Well start off by not referencing that your speaking to your ebony lover on the phone for starters. I'm not saying that's going to cause your parents to talk I'm not saying its not but it sure will keep it your beeswax.