My HP printer won't print color, and I just bought new ink cartridges! Help!?

I have an HP Photosmart C6300 All-In-One that I purchased about 5 years ago. I haven't really used it in the last two years, but I recently started a new business, so I have use for it again. I purchased a black cartridge first, which prints just fine. However, I just went out and purchased new color cartridges, including the photo black, and it will not print in color. In fact, it reads the cartridges as being empty!

I've run every print test, cleaned the print head, and done all the troubleshooting items. It still won't print color.

Does anyone now how to fix this problem? And if not, is there a way to extract the ink from these cartridges so it doesn't go to waste? Or should I just attempt to buy a printer that uses the 564 cartridges?

Any help is appreciated!

Favorite Answer

I recommend you follow the HP instructions here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam...

If that doesn't work you should consider purchasing a new all-in-one laser color printer for your business.

Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on

Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges

Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display

Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute

Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button

Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges

Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.

Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer

• stocke

Hp 6300 Ink

the problem with buying a new printer instead of cartridges is MOST printers come with 1/4 full carts.

• cristy

I was also facing same issue with my hp printer. I tried a lot to fix that at last I just visited http://www.printer-techsupport.com/hp-printer-supp... and make a call on their toll free. You will get a certified technician to fix hp printer related issues only in a single call.