Did Gaius Julius Caesar have anything to do with Spartacus or the Third Servile War in real life?

Hello. I've been watching the show Spartacus in which Castus, Gannicus, Spartacus and Crixus break clutches from roman slavery and revolt against the roman empire. In the show, there is someone who portrays Gaius Julius Caesar who helps Crassus and Pompey to destroy Spartacus and their rebel army. However, when... show more Hello. I've been watching the show Spartacus in which Castus, Gannicus, Spartacus and Crixus break clutches from roman slavery and revolt against the roman empire. In the show, there is someone who portrays Gaius Julius Caesar who helps Crassus and Pompey to destroy Spartacus and their rebel army. However, when I researched Julius Caesar, I couldn't find any match with Spartacus. Did he have anything to do with the slaves in real life? Or did they just add it for the show?