What type of spider is this? (Pictures)?

"http://i.imgur.com/8M3FHS1.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of spider this is? I thought it was a black widow but its not shiny nor does it have long legs or the red diamond.

• L.N.
    Favorite Answer

That is a female Red Backed Jumping Spider, Phidippus johnsoni. One of the largest jumping spiders in North America. They are not aggressive and bite only in self defense. The bite can be painful, but is not dangerous. I find jumping spiders to be some of the most amusing of all the spiders. The way they look at you with those big eyes is so cute, and they seem to be quite intelligent as far as arachnids go. I've let them live on my window sills and never get tired of watching them wrestle a fly or moth into submission.

• Bobby

aww its sooo adorable i had one of those as a pet once but it died and i cried alot you better not of killed it it doesnt look any thing like a black widow i mean just look at the way its looking up at you its so so cute

Source(s): wikipedia