Why haven't any Christians ever thought to ask for an end to childhood leukemia?

If God answers your prayers, why don't you ask for something unselfish in his name and help all the little children of the world with leukemia?

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAB)

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAB)

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

@Alyssa - So, you are saying Jesus lied when He said these things?

@Cat - So you also are saying Jesus lied when He said these things?

@Jessica - How is taking Jesus at his word misguided? He said pray in His name and God would grant it. I didn't even imply God was at fault for this disease. I implied Christians were at fault for not asking for it to be eliminated. See the difference? I am just following what the Bible says.

@Idanre - So, like others here you are saying Jesus lied? He says ANY two Christians can get together and ask for this cure and it WILL be given to them. So, who should I believe, Jesus or you?

Best Answer

I'm sure many have, but that fact there there is no god is a stumbling block towards it and other diseases being miracled away.

Leukemia can be cured by any partway competent Holy Man.

. GENESIS 18:32-33.

32. And he said,

"Oh let not The LORD be angry,

and I will speak yet but this once:

'Peradventure ten shall be found there.' "

And He said,

"I will not destroy it for ten's sake."

33. And The LORD went His Way,

as soon as He had left communing with Abraham:

and Abraham returned unto his place.

There are four Spiritual Energy levels, and one's default state is determined at conception, by the mean of one's parents' current state.

. REVELATION 22:11.

11. "He that is UNJUST, let him be Unjust still:

and he which is FILTHY, let him be Filthy still:

and he that is RIGHTEOUS, let him be Righteous still:

and he that is HOLY, let him be Holy still."

Those who are not born Holy must work extra hard to attain Holiness.

The majority will never attain it in their lifetime, period.

A few are born nearer to Holiness than the majority.

These are the "Righteous."

They can do some of the things Holy people do, with great effort.

Holy people do those things without effort.

. LUKE 8:11-18.

11. "Now the Parable is this:

'The Seed is The Word of God.

12. 'Those by the Way Side

are they that hear;

then cometh The Devil,

and taketh away The Word

out of their hearts,

lest they should Believe and be saved.

13. 'They On The Rock are they,

which, when they hear,

receive The Word with joy;

and these have no root,

which for a while Believe,

and in Time of Temptation fall away.

14. "And that which fell Among Thorns are they,

which, when they have heard, go forth,

and are choked with Cares and Riches

and Pleasures of This Life,

and bring no fruit to Perfection."

15. "But that on the Good Ground are they,

which in an Honest and Good Heart,

having heard the word, keep It,

and bring forth fruit with Patience.' "

16. “No man, when he hath lighted a candle,

covereth it with a vessel,

or putteth it under a bed;

but setteth it on a candlestick,

that they which enter in may see the light.

17. “For nothing is secret,

that shall not be made manifest;

neither any thing hid,

that shall not be known and come abroad.

18. “Take heed therefore how ye hear:

for whosoever hath,

to him shall be given;

and whosoever hath not,

from him shall be taken

even that which he seemeth to have.”

Some of the Righteous can attain Holiness if extricated from their "Thorns."

The Righteous best, even alone, understand the value of Holiness.

Therefore, Ten Righteous men, called a MINYAN, will donate 10% of their income toward the upkeep of a Holy Man.

Leukemia is caused by a family living through four generations without ever having been part of a MINYAN, and not only never having produced a Holy man, but never having even met one before.

The Power to perform radical Physical Effect Miracles has to be earned.

You cannot sit at ease, enjoying your Sins, and wave at God: "Keep Stuff Comin'!"

like HE was the Servant, and YOU His Master.

Sickly Children is one of the consequences of families living unholy lives.

This is one of those really misguided things that athiests think. I believe and as well as many other Christians that God did not create disease, I believe humans and the Devil had something to do with the creating of it.

But God could not take away childhood leukemia because it would be like controlling mans free will in a sense. And God does NOT control any humanbeings free will.

Prayer does not work. God's will is Divine will and this includes all the perceived bad things that happen in this world. This is the balance of the universe at work.

Read "The Present" on TruthContest to know all about this.

You have evidence for your argument, but if you went searching for evidence for the counterargument I believe that you would find the answer to why God allows that to happen.

God only says no, when he has a better yes in store for us.

• A B2

Isaiah 53.

psychoneuro immunological transference , that is , the use of prayer to affect the health of others is very effective . every pope there ever was is actually still alive .

Why havent christians decided to put and end to ignorance and descrimination of all things different.

Such things will happen because we all live in a sin-cursed world.

i think i will just ask for something possible; like a mint chocalate chip ice cream