To post a letter to Germany cost 87p. Can i use 2x second class stamps (50p each=£1 paid) to cover the cost?

I want to send a letter to Germany and the cost for this on the Royal Mail website is 87p. I have two second class stamps which i paid 50p each for and am wondering whether i could stick them on the envelope to cover the cost? Obviously i will overpay the postage but i am not bothered about that however i am a bit... show more I want to send a letter to Germany and the cost for this on the Royal Mail website is 87p. I have two second class stamps which i paid 50p each for and am wondering whether i could stick them on the envelope to cover the cost? Obviously i will overpay the postage but i am not bothered about that however i am a bit worried as the stamps just say 2nd on them not 50p...Any advice?