How to cancel steam download?

I went to my steam account this morning and saw that I had a game downloading, but it wasn't a game that I wanted to download, and I had never heard of it either. I tried right clicking but the "Remove Local Content" button was shaded out. How do I stop this download straight from steam without going into my other computer menus? Please help quick, the download will be over in about 2 days, and I don't want this much space taken up!

• Jewfro
    Favorite Answer

try to pause the download if possible. restart steam in offline mode if that doesnt work. then check if you can remove local content again. if this doesnt work either then you will have to let it download, then afterwards you can delete it.

If you're downloading it for steam you shouldn't have a disk normally ... So suposing you bought it in a store you just press stop or cancel, close that window, put the disc inthere again and try again! If you bought it on steam without a disc just cancel the download on the download page and restart it!

Just press in you'r Keyboard, Ctrl+alt+Del, and then Start task Manager, then look for the download and click End procces atleast 2 time so it can completely close down!

Please Like on the way Out!

right click on the game's image and select delete local content....

cltr alt del