My recent conversation with some Jehovahs Witness elders. What do you think?

I talked to them about the prohibition on transplants that existed until 1980. Some Witnesses rejected the decision of the governing body and were evidently disfellowshiped. Of course, these Witnesses were correct but the elders told me that they were wrong because they were disloyal to the governing body. Some people died because of not getting transplants and staying loyal to Brooklyn! Doesn't the fact that the governing body was totally wrong have any relevance! This is what I call blind loyalty to an organization(not Jehovah)!

Best Answer

Transplants as well as blood transfusion have medically been improved, I personally will not have a transplant or any part of a blood transfusion, I'm old school and I really don't want to have part of something I feel is un-scriptural.

I watched a TV program where modern science now can strip all the blood from any organ and just leave the structure of the organ, like the framing walls of a building and then totally rebuild it with your DNA so no anti rejection medicine needed!

Would I receive such a transplant, I don't know and I hope that I'm never put in that position, but if asked today the answer would be no, not until I knew for a fact that "all" blood was stripped from that organ.

Our laws and principles have not changed medicine has improved that now allows some if their conscience allows to take certain fractions that are not considered blood but are in blood, blood carries oxygen and we breath that every day!

So your question is very mis guided and probably mis quoted to give credit to your reasoning which is very common for the feeble thoughts of someone that quotes someone that can't be question as to what they really said!

“A growing number of hospitals are offering an alternative: ‘bloodless’ surgery,” reported The Wall Street Journal. “Originally developed to accommodate Jehovah’s Witnesses,” states the journal, “the practice has gone mainstream, with many hospitals promoting their bloodless-surgery programs to the general public.” Hospitals around the world are discovering numerous benefits, particularly to patients, when implementing strategies that curtail the use of blood transfusions. Currently, thousands of doctors are treating patients without resorting to transfusions.

The Bible further explains why blood is so sacred. The shed blood of Jesus Christ, representing the human life that he gave in behalf of mankind, is key to the Christian hope. It means forgiveness of sins and hope of eternal life. When a Christian abstains from blood, he is in effect expressing his faith that only the shed blood of Jesus Christ can truly redeem him and save his life.—Ephesians 1:7.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are well known for taking these Bible commands to heart. They reject all transfusions involving whole blood or the four primary blood components—red cells, plasma, white cells, and platelets. As for the various fractions derived from those components—and products that contain such fractions—the Bible does not comment on these. Therefore, each Witness makes his own personal decision on such matters. Does this Bible-based stand mean that Witnesses reject medical treatment or view their health and life lightly? Not at all!

Shortly after Christianity was founded some 2,000 years ago, believers were given the divine commandment to “abstain from . . . blood.” The prohibition was based, not on health concerns, but on the sacredness of blood. (Acts 15:19, 20, 29) Some argue that this God-given restriction applies only to the eating of blood, but the word “abstain” speaks for itself. If a doctor told us to abstain from alcohol, we would hardly feel at liberty to inject it into our veins.

Source(s): Jw, for many years. I personally would die before taking blood in, due to it being sacred. Just decided to give you some info.

It's funny that Teller of HALF-Truths doesn't really address the question.

Yes, the JW's no longer believe organ transplants should be DF'able sins - but the same situation now exists with blood transfusions.

In a few years from now is the Watchtower going to get "new light" on blood transfusions and suddenly all of the JW's who died for their beliefs as martyrs are instead FOOLS for trusting the Watchtower?

This is why you cannot trust cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses. They refuse to address the question and they lack the soundness of mind to see the analogy between these two situations.

The question is not misguided at all. In fact is very clear. I would summarize the question as:

What sense does it make to prohibit organ transplants and cause the death of Jehovah Witnesses only to reverse the decision years later and reality that transplants are ok? Ever heard of being blood-guilty?

More importantly? Why is it that an organization which is supposed to be led by God, is consistently behind on understanding which medical treatments are acceptable or not? Shouldn't and organization that is supposed to be led by God be the first to know?? Food for thought...

It seems the light gets brighter first, for the medical associations..

Jehovah Witnesses do not feel that the Bible comments directly on organ transplants; hence, decisions regarding cornea, kidney, or other tissue transplants must be made by the individual Witness.

In light on new knowledge based upon hundreds of hours of intense and in-depth research, we have discovered the following:

1. Satan is our True Creator God. YHVH otherwise known as Jehovah is a false entity. YHVH stands for the four elements and corners in the popular Jewish systems of magick that are available to the public.

2. The character Jesus Christ is fictitious and was stolen from some 18+ pagan legens of a God hanging from a tree such as Odin, then being ressurected, and is another description of the alchemical operation of transforming the soul-death then ressurection. Jesus is and has never been anything more than a tool to remove all true spiritual knowledge and disarm the populace of their spiritual powers. Humanity has paid to the tune of trillions upon trillions of dollars, and with sickness, misery and suffering due to the removal of this knowledge.

3. True Satanism preceded Christianity by thousands of years and is based upon total transformation of the soul.

Source(s): exposingchristianity.com exposingthelieofislam.wordpress.com joyofsatan.org exposingchristianity.com

They're nuts. Stay away from them. As you point out they are not run by Jesus Christ, but by 4 or 5 "inerrant" men in their headquarters in Brooklyn. It they, the annointed ones, told them that Jesus Christ was a phony, about 90% would believe them (truly. Ask a devout JW to deny that (AND if theysay that their annointed ones would not say that, how do they know? The question is IF the Brooklyn guys said it). On normal subjects 100% of the followers believe these these nuts when they "prophesy" something. They are truly a cult, by any definition.

So, they when ahead and got the transplants and died. What am I missing here?

Or are you just twisting it into something?

Spike,

Isaiah 6:1-13

1 In the year that King Uz·zi´ah died I, however, got to see Jehovah, sitting on a throne lofty and lifted up, and his skirts were filling the temple. 2 Seraphs were standing above him. Each one had six wings. With two he kept his face covered, and with two he kept his feet covered, and with two he would fly about. 3 And this one called to that one and said: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies. The fullness of all the earth is his glory.” 4 And the pivots of the thresholds began to quiver at the voice of the one calling, and the house itself gradually filled with smoke.

5 And I proceeded to say: “Woe to me! For I am as good as brought to silence, because a man unclean in lips I am, and in among a people unclean in lips I am dwelling; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of armies, himself!”

6 At that, one of the seraphs flew to me, and in his hand there was a glowing coal that he had taken with tongs off the altar. 7 And he proceeded to touch my mouth and to say: “Look! This has touched your lips, and your error has departed and your sin itself is atoned for.”

8 And I began to hear the voice of Jehovah saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I proceeded to say: “Here I am! Send me.”

9 And he went on to say: “Go, and you must say to this people, ‘Hear again and again, O men, but do not understand; and see again and again, but do not get any knowledge.’ 10 Make the heart of this people unreceptive, and make their very ears unresponsive, and paste their very eyes together, that they may not see with their eyes and with their ears they may not hear, and that their own heart may not understand and that they may not actually turn back and get healing for themselves.”

11 At this I said: “How long, O Jehovah?” Then he said: “Until the cities actually crash in ruins, to be without an inhabitant, and the houses be without earthling man, and the ground itself is ruined into a desolation; 12 and Jehovah actually removes earthling men far away, and the deserted condition does become very extensive in the midst of the land. 13 And there will still be in it a tenth, and it must again become something for burning down, like a big tree and like a massive tree in which, when there is a cutting down [of them], there is a stump; a holy seed will be the stump of it.”

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/organ-donation/FL...

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/organ-donation-...

http://donatelife.net/understanding-donation/stati...

Surely you would not mind giving us the name of the Kingdom Hall/Congregation you attended and spoke with the elders.

We would also like to have a conversation of our own on this same subject with the same elders. Hopefully they could "enlighten" us with the same information.

I always like to hear such OPINIONS in person.

Again, the name of the Kingdom Hall/Congregation?

Source(s): One of Jehovah's Witnesses - jw.org

@Gabriel

in Isaiah 6

Through the alter God provided the sins to be attoned for in the burning coal. The Seraph angel used the burning coal to atone Isaiah's sins. The Seraph angel never forgave Isaiah's sins dirrectly because Only God Alone can forgive sins dirrectly and in Luke 5:20-21 Jesus forgave sins dirrectly which only God alone can do.

Jesus is NOT Michael the Archangel. Why ?

Because Michael CANNOT forgive sins and Jesus can Luke 5:20-21

Why ? Because Its No Where Found In Scripture. Michael CANNOT Forgive Sins Because God ALONE Forgives Sins Luke 5:20-21. Since the Jehovah Witnesses claim Jesus to be Michael then it should be found somewhere in scripture where Michael can forgive sins but since its NOT Biblical Its No Where To Be Found In The Bible Thus They Believe In A False Christ And Are Dead In Their Sins John 8:24. Jesus warns us of False Christs And False prophets Appearing Matthew 24:24

John 8:24 ESV

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Matthew 24:24 ESV

For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Luke 5:20-21 ESV

And when he saw their faith, he said, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.” 21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to question, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

The Jehovah Witnesses teachings about who Jesus is. In error.

Does this matter ?

Yes. Jesus warns us in John 8:24 that if we do not believe who he is then we will die in our sins.

Psalms 102:21-27 is speaking about the LORD / Jehovah as the creator of the earth itself and the heavens by his hands and he is unchangeable and in Hebrews 1:6-12 the Lord Jesus the Son is the creator of the earth itself and the heavens by his hands and he is unchangeable.

The Writer of Hebrews 1:10-12 is quoting Psalms 102:25-27 its in the foot note.

The Writer of hebrews identified Jesus is LORD / Jehovah NOT Michael.

And Only God can forgive sins and the angel Michael cannot.

Jesus forgives Sins and God alone forgives sins see Luke 5:20-21

Furthermore David is the last one born in 1 Chronicals 2:13-15 and Jehovah called David his firstborn in Psalm 89:20:27. Firstborn in scripture has two meanings, The first one born in a family here on earth and a title of high rank. It does NOT mean first created being by the LORD / Jehovah.

If you go back to Firstborn in Hebrews 1:6 and Colossians 1:15 its a title of high rank. Christ's Supremacy.

Source(s): Jesus is God The LORD / Jehovah http://carm.org/christianity/christian-doctrine/je... http://carm.org/jesus-god Answers to Jehovah's Witness attacks on Jesus and the bible http://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses Bad Translations of the Jehovah's Witness Bible, the New World Translation (NWT). http://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witne...