If someone says, "you're a lucky man" to a guy when he introduces his wife, what does it mean?

My husband introduced me to a male acquaintance of his recently, and the man said to my husband upon meeting me, "You're a lucky man." I took that as a charming compliment, that he was complimenting my husband on having an attractive wife (me). My husband thinks that is ridiculous, that the guy... show more My husband introduced me to a male acquaintance of his recently, and the man said to my husband upon meeting me, "You're a lucky man." I took that as a charming compliment, that he was complimenting my husband on having an attractive wife (me). My husband thinks that is ridiculous, that the guy probably just said it to be polite and he probably says that to everyone.

Of course, now I'm more than a little upset that my husband finds it so hard to believe that this guy was paying me a compliment. I feel like chopped liver.

What do you think? Generally, if someone says, "you're a lucky man" to someone when meeting his wife, what do you think is meant by that?