promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
G-C asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 years ago

What was the IG Farben Factory?

What was it used for during WWII and the Holocaust?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

IG Farben Factory was totally Owned By Standard Oil of New Jersey throughout WW2

IG farben Built 40 petrochemical plants in Germany starting in 1940 after Albert speer told Hitler Germany will run out of Fuel in 2 Years

The Biggest was at Buna/Auschwitz when the Factory was finished it Used 83,000 slaves and help extend WW2 by over 2 years

British Prisoners of War were Housed Inside Auschwitz to prevent the allies Bombing Auschwitz

Standard Oil IG Farben Texaco Dupont led the world at the Time in Producing Fuel Oil and Rubber from Coal

One of Hitlers Biggest Financers was Standard Oil they used JP Morgan and associates to raise 800 million US dollars in 1933 the Money was Given the Warburg Chase Bank

Max Warburg," stated Marrs, "a major German banker, and Paul Warburg, who established the Federal Reserve System in the United States, were directors of Interssen Gemeinschaft Farben or I.G. Farben, the giant German chemical firm

"The financing for Adolph Hitler's rise to power was handled through the Warburg-controlled Mendelsohn Bank of Amsterdam and later by the J. Henry Schroeder Bank with branches in Frankfurt, London and New York,

Author James Perloff concurs, and reveals the role that the Council on Foreign Relations played in aiding the Nazis. He states, "In 1939, on the eve of blitzkrieg, the Rockefellers' Standard Oil of New Jersey sold $20 million in aviation fuel to ... I.G. Farben [and] even had an American subsidiary called American I.G." Describing the CFR's connection to the Nazis, he lists the directors of the American I.G. as "ubiquitous Paul Warburg (CFR founder), Henry A. Metz (CFR founder), and Charles E. Mitchell, who joined the CFR in 1923..."

Other U.S. companies contributed to the Nazi war machine include Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) and Union Banking Corporation (UBC), both of New York. Prescott Bush (grandfather of President George W. Bush) was a partner at BBH and director of UBC. UBC of New York, which was founded and chaired by E. Roland Harriman, was a Nazi front company.

"The alliance between Nazi Germany and the Rockefellers is truly shocking. "Hitler's Luftwaffe ran on Standard petrol, and the Rockefellers were partners in I.G. Farben Industries, whose thousands of war products included the poison gas used in Nazi death camps."American I.G. Farben, General Electric, Standard Oil of New Jersey, Ford, and other U.S. firms" were "directly responsible for bringing the Nazis to power."

remember IG farben and Standard Oil was Basically the Same company from at least 1933 to 2013

Farben built I.G. Auschwitz, a huge industrial complex designed to produce synthetic rubber and oil. This installation used as much electricity as the entire city of Berlin, and more than 25,000 camp inmates died during its construction. I.G. Farben eventually built its own concentration camp, known as Monowitz, which was closer to the site of the complex than Auschwitz was, in order to eliminate the need to march prisoners several miles to and from the plant every day.

This was the company enthusiastically embraced by Standard Oil as well as other major American corporations like Du Pont and General Motors. I do not, however, state that Standard Oil collaborated with the Nazis simply because I.G. Farben was its second largest shareholder. In fact, without the explicit help of Standard Oil, the Nazi air force would never have gotten off the ground in the first place. The planes that made up the Luftwaffe needed tetraethyl lead gasoline in order to fly. At the time, only Standard Oil, Du Pont, and General Motors had the ability to produce this vital substance. In 1938, Walter C. Teagle, then president of Standard Oil, helped Hermann Schmitz of I.G. Farben to acquire 500 tons of tetraethyl lead from Ethyl, a British Standard subsidiary. A year later, Schmitz returned to London and obtained an additional 15 million dollars worth of tetraethyl lead which was to be turned into aviation gasoline back in Germany.

After the war began in Europe, the English became angry about U.S. shipments of strategic materials to Nazi Germany. Standard Oil immediately changed the registration of their entire fleet to Panamanian to avoid British search or seizure. These ships continued to carry oil to Tenerife in the Canary Islands, where they refueled and siphoned oil to German tankers for shipment to Hamburg.

March 31, 1941 the U.S. State Department issued a report on refueling stations in Mexico Central and South America that were furnishing oil to Italian and German merchant vessels. The report listed Standard Oil of New Jersey and associated Companies among those fueling enemy ships, deals between Standard Oil and the Japanese government to purchase tetraethyl lead have also been uncovered there is no record of any action being taken as a result of this discovery.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

IG Farben was a big German chemical company.

In WW2 it fulfilled a number of war contracts for the Nazi regime,including one for the production of Zyklon B pesticide pellets that were used for gassing prisoners in Death Camps.These pellets were manufactured by one of its subsidiaries,Degesch.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.