My Whirlpool washing machine won't empty all of the water after the spin cycle.?

The washing machine will go through the cycle and will spin but won't empty all of the water after the spin cycle. There's always a small amount of water in the bottom and the clothes are still dripping.

The Model numer is LA5530XPN4 Design 2000

Serial Number C54601827

These are new details that I didn't notice before. Today, I have noticed that it is spinning a lot slower than normal. The washer is getting pretty old, but it has been working great, until now.

Serial Number C54601827

Favorite Answer

Gonna need a model number, as there are different styles of Whirlpool washers, at least 4. But if you post the model and serial numbers we can probably help you.

***Okay, Thanks! Your washer was built in the 46th week of 1985, just after Whirlpool went to the direct drive style of washers. It is most likely the clutch, which is #5 on the following diagram. I'd also replace the drive coupling. Both parts are available at any appliance parts store or repair shop. I've also included a video to show how to replace the clutch. While you have the gearbox out, replace the coupler that's between the motor and the gearbox. It's part # 13 on the diagram. Though, I'd advise you to think long and hard about just replacing a washer that is more than 27 years old.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-m...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVc6SZ2DD4U

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): 16 years in appliance sales and service

Sorry to be the one giving you the short, less detailed, depressing answer, but it sounds like your washer has had it, is dying.

I inherited an old washer when I bought my house. It worked OK for a couple of years, but when I experienced the same problems you are -- the drum not spinning fast enough, not all the water being pumped out -- I knew that was it, and I had to go shopping.

When a washer goes into a spin cycle, the following occur (in this order):

Most of the water is drained from the drum.Much of this is done just using the pressure of the water in the drum, created by gravity.

Once most of the water is drained as above, the pump really kicks in to suck out as much of the remaining water as possible.

Once the machine senses that as much of the water as can be is sucked out of the drum, the spin cycle starts.

As the clothes spin faster and fast in the drum, more water is drained out, and the pump continues to suck the water out.

Then the drum stops spinning and what ever remaining water has been collected is sucked out and drained away.

It sounds like you have both a pump and spin issue. Now, it is possible that the only problem with spin is that pump is not working properly, but still, a pumping problem is a big deal.

By all means, do everything to ensure that everything is clean and working as others have advised -- empty lint traps, etc. -- and then give it another go, but be prepared to take the credit card or check book on a little trip.

The water is not emptying out fast enough. It may well be that the pump needs to be taken apart and the lint emptied out of it. OR look at the hose where it attaches to the drain pipe. It's not unusual that that hose may have collapsed some where (usually where the hose goes into the drain pipe.)

If that's the case either get a new hose and replace the old one OR buy a couple of hose clamps and place them where the hose has collapsed thereby making the hose ROUND AGAIN. you put the clamp on the hose and then tighten the screw till the hose is round again.

I'm putting my money on a collapsed hose.

good luck to ya.

I would say there is a malfunction with the spin cycle of your washer but you could go back to spin cycle and spin your clothes again. Just make sure you do not do a repeat rinse or you will end up with more water or get hold of washer company if you still have warranty or check internet for advice with regards to washer company

Ashley, This quite stinks (no pun meant) you have toddlers and sewage backing up at your homestead of living. interior the experience that your landlord does not fix this the way, i recommend city's wellness and sanitation branch grant him a letter. The sewer pipe going out to the line purely could have been overwhelmed extremely (perhaps on the time of the carport undertaking), or a root busted into the pipe, or as with my neighbor they used a pipe person-friendly indoors the forties and 50s reported as "orangeburg" opposite to the call the pipe is a black tarry pipe. beyond ordinary time this pipe starts to crumble and little products contained interior the pipe start up grabbing onto the "stuff" that floats by utilising utilising, inflicting a clog. The worst undertaking for those older pipes are flush-in a position woman hygiene products, yet lint, TP , and distinctive such themes as condoms, will wreak havoc. this is actual international talk, no hands pointed or blame, purely possibilities. Regardless, the homestead's pipe is not any sturdy and desires a expert great cleansing with a sturdy snake and that i could recommend a digital digital camera snake to bypass down and characteristic a look into the pipe. the owner could could desire to get a sparkling pipe put in, on occasion they are in a position to sleeve it. you mustn't could desire to stay with sewage backing up at your homestead of living. the showering device pumping alot of water devoid of warning down into the constrained pipe and the little passageway can no longer take each and all of the water so it backs up. sturdy success. (the black stuff is sewage poo) i does no longer deduct some ingredient or withhold any hire. record all correspondence which include your landlords, and log calls etc. If he does not get on it astonishing away get to city.

As it spins it cant be the belt

It sounds like you need a new pump

I would call a repair guy for a quote only

Depending on how old your machine is and how much to repair

You maybe better off buying a new one

My Washing Machine Wont Empty