Why is Memphis ranked 19th when they only have 4 losses?

Do college analysts just don't know how to rank teams? It's ridiculous. Wisconsin has 11 losses and their ranked right ahead of them at 18th. I know Wisconsin plays in a tougher conference but they still have 7 more losses than Memphis. I think Wisconsin is overrated by whoever did these rankings. It isn't fair that their ranked 18th with 11 losses. Their the only ranked team with double-digit losses. I think Memphis should be ranked higher definately. The only team that has lost less games is Gonzaga with 2. Memphis isn't a bad basketball program even though they play in a weak conference. If I recall, didn't they win a title a couple years back with D-Rose?

Favorite Answer

It depend on who had the easier schedule and who had more quality wins if a team beats liu-brooklyn 50 times and thats the only team they play their record will be 50-0 but another team plays florida, georgetown, and syracuse and is 42-8 they will obviously be the better team cuz they played better teams. Hope this made sense.

Conference USA sucked this year but I agree Memphis deserves 4 seed at the absolute worst and I can't believe UNLV as another conference USA team is ranked higher

Because they don't play anyone really. They haven't beaten anyone in the tournament and their biggest win was against Tennessee. They're not bad, but I don't think they should be ranked any higher.

Sam- UNLV is in the Mountain West, not CUSA

Name one good team that they beat.

You can't do it. Just because you win games doesn't mean that you're any good.

Wisconsin, on the other hand, has beaten Indiana twice, Michigan twice and Ohio State.

its cus memphis dosent play anyone good faqq

Have no idea. I dont know how they do it but it needs to change.