Chris asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 8 years ago

What is a good medical plan for an unemployed male in his 30's?

I've been on google and a bunch of other sites and to save some time I thought I'd ask you guys.

Any help and prices would help. So far the cheapest I have found is a 1 year, $1000.00 deductible + $212.00 a month but that seems way to high for me to afford right now. I do not qualify for medicaid in this crap state because I'm not blind, I'm not a veteran, and I don't have kids.

I live in Illinois

Favorite Answer

If you haven’t already, work with a licensed agent online or in your area to see what’s available. Some online agents will allow you to compare plans side by side to find the best match for your needs and budget. Picking the right plan is a personal choice, however, and it’s going to depend on which kinds of benefits you value most and which you don’t value.

It’s also worth noting that just because a plan has a lower monthly premium doesn’t mean that it’s actually going to be the “cheapest” plan for you. You may get a plan with a low premium but a high deductible, for example, and if you use your coverage a lot, you could end up paying out more than if you’d gone for a plan with a higher premium but lower deductible.

I’d recommend getting on the phone with a licensed agent in your area to help you understand which choice is best suited to your needs. It doesn’t cost anything extra to work with an agent.

You may also want to check out the health insurance buyer’s guide we published online for free. It’s going to give you some basic comparison shopping tips and answers to common questions. You can find it here:

http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/individual-health-...

Good luck.

It may depend on your exact age, where in IL you live, and various other factors.

For example, using an age of 33 and an address in the 60001 ZIP code:

The lowest monthly cost is UnitedHealthOne Saver80 at $59.54 per month, with a $10,000 deductible.

The lowest available deductible is $500, from BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, with a monthly cost of $146.43 for BlueChoice Value or $180.17 for BlueChoice Select. That's 1/2 of the deductible you found, and a slightly lower monthly cost.

• ?

Obama could no longer bake a cake much less create paintings. he's in no way held a activity, run a business enterprise, controlled a funds, or employed others--b4 prez.. he grow to be a union lawyer--no longer plenty paintings there--in basic terms regurgitating uninteresting *** regulations...and statues.. i do no longer anticipate obama to repair something--yet while he;'d in basic terms stop breaking each little thing and pass lower back to in spite of rock he crawled out from under, the country could self-perfect! the perfect concern is Obama. Biz don't experience secure, and so anybody is on carry--waiting to make certain how badly O will f--ok us throughout.

Call a health insurance broker that does business in your state. They're free to use.