BMW 2000 323i (E46)- Wiring harness blocks radio?

Hi, I'm installing a car stereo for the very first time in my 2000 BMW 323i (e46). I bought a wiring harness to convert the BMW wires into something my Kenwood will match to. All the wires are connected and the radio antenna is also connected (with an aftermarket converter). The only problem is the wiring... show more Hi,

I'm installing a car stereo for the very first time in my 2000 BMW 323i (e46). I bought a wiring harness to convert the BMW wires into something my Kenwood will match to. All the wires are connected and the radio antenna is also connected (with an aftermarket converter). The only problem is the wiring harness is blocking the track where the radio goes in. We tried shoving it over to the left but there is no room for the wiring harness.

So I'm stuck. The radio works fine, but it won't fit because the wiring harness is in the frame! Does anybody have some suggestions to try? We're going to pull the entire frame out and put the wiring harness behind that later today as a last resort. But are there other ways to try this?

Thanks!