Toddler bed vs twin size bed?

My 2 1/5 yr old girl loves her toddler bed. She has no trouble going to sleep at bed time but lately has wanted to come to bed with us in the middle of the night. Last night the hubs sat with her for a while in the middle of the night after she wanted to sleep with us. He said she tossed and turned and he... show more My 2 1/5 yr old girl loves her toddler bed. She has no trouble going to sleep at bed time but lately has wanted to come to bed with us in the middle of the night. Last night the hubs sat with her for a while in the middle of the night after she wanted to sleep with us. He said she tossed and turned and he didn't think she could get comfy. He thinks moving her to a twin bed in an attempt to switch up her sleeping and get her excited about sleeping in her big girl bed would help. I want her to of course get quality sleep in a bed she is comfy in but I'm not sure where the problem is. Here is what I'm stuck with:

1. Is she having a hard time b/c she her current bed is "cold" (she doesn't like covers) b/c she doesn't have anything to snuggle with? How do I remedy that if she doesn't have a fave stuffed animal or blanket?

OR

2. Do we get the twin and hope that fixes it? Will the problem return once the newness wears off?

OR

3. Do we tough it out with tears and fights in the wee hours of the morning?

I DO NOT NEED OPINIONS ON HER SLEEPING WITH US- SUGGESTIONS/IDEAS PLEASE.