Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what exactly are b horror films?

I watch lots of horror movies and i cant really understand what makes a film a b horror movie?

can someone explain it to me better?

i understand low budget....so does this mean ALL low budget horror movies are in the b movie genre?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B_movie

It's mostly budget, but there's some more unofficial criteria. Mostly, they're low budget, short, movies that are exploitative and strictly adhere to the limitations of their chosen genre.

• 4 years ago

I as a rule care some nicely written script. i will't watch a action picture horror or no longer with crappy communicate. different than for that I even tend to lean in the direction of the psychological or supernatura horror. i do unlike super bloody movies like observed or Hostel, they have a tendency to haven't any actual tale merely further and extra motives to coach blood.

• 8 years ago

Originally meant to support the main feature at the flicks (hence b rather than a) but now a catch all for cheaper made movies ...they were usually horror or sci fi as they were the cheapest to make.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.