Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesGMC · 8 years ago

2009 Cadillac STS-V .. Manual says I have an automatic 3 flash signal - but it wont work for me? Details ->?

What I'm talking about is when you tap the signal lever, the signal is supposed to signal 3 times on it's own. In the manual, it says I have that feature (Look at the link below), but when I tap my signal lever, it stops flashing once I let go, as opposed to blinking 3 times automatically. Anyone have any clue? -- I've searched many forums but no one has a solution.

Link - http://tinypic.com/r/35avtok/6

Humvee - In my physical paper manual it looks exactly the same way as it does in the link above. That's what has me confused.

Favorite Answer

Your concern is definitely understandable in regards to your STS-V. If you feel there is a malfunction occurring, please do consult a Cadillac Dealership. They should be well-equipped to diagnose and repair the vehicle if necessary. If you plan to take it in or would like us to check for recalls, please send an e-mail to gmcustsvc@yahoo.com with your VIN#, name, situation, dealership, contact information, and mileage. I hope this is resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Ah, found it in your owners manual. Do you have an actual GM Owners Manual??? I think there was a change in your manual if you do have the actual paperbook version. But they omitted the part where it says it will flash 3 times. Just wondering if maybe it was either a typo or something that may have been but was later deleted as an added deal due to some engineers designs

Here is what is printed online in your owners manual:::::

An arrow on the instrument panel cluster flashes in the direction of the turn or lane change.

Move the lever all the way up or down to signal a turn.

Raise or lower the lever until the arrow starts to flash to signal a lane change. Hold it briefly until the lane change is complete.

The lever returns to its starting position when it is released.

If after signaling a turn or lane change the arrow flashes rapidly or does not come on, a signal bulb may be burned out.

Have the bulbs replaced. If the bulb is not burned out, check the fuse. See Fuses and Circuit Breakers.