12VDC 30AMP Power Supply?

I am training to be a automotive electrician , and I am trying to make a 12v circuit at home. With my current living arrangement's I can't use a car battery, so I am look for a affordable power supply that will supply at least that of a car battery. also the amount of amps I need is around 17.6

Best Answer

Check Radio Shack and also the hardware store. They stock power supplies in various sizes and cost ranges.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-DC-30-Amp-Power-Su...

If this is too dear, you might consider using a battery charger in conjunction with a 20AH gel battery, these are much smaller and safer than a car battery because they have no liquid acid in so they can't spill. It won't give you 20 amps constant but you probably just need short bursts for testing stuff.

• nissie

The others are right about the voltage shedding underneath load and yes it is good enough to use a vigor deliver with a greater amperage score and regularly fascinating for the reason that in case you 'pull' an excessive amount of you risk dropping the voltage under 12v.