are there any alaskan malamutes or siberian huskies in ND or wolves for sale?

moving to bismark Nd an was curcious about pets for sale in area.katana4you @yahoo.com

Favorite Answer

Don't get AKC dogs. Show breeders breed only for looks and NOTHING else. Don't believe me? Feel free to do you own research on how AKC ruins dog breeds and why they're notorious.

Get a rescue malamute or husky from a breed-specific rescue. No one sells pure wolves, unless you go to a zoo or wolf reserve and ask for one. They won't just give to anyone obviously. You have to know what you're doing. Wolfdog breeders: http://realwolfdogs.tumblr.com/wolfdogbreeders

Make sure they're legal where you are. And these animals DON'T turn on you. That's complete and utter bullshit. The whole "alpha" thing is a busted myth, so there's no reason they'd want to "challenge" you. Challenge you for what? Science has shown wolf packs don't have alphas or set leaders.

• Tonya

DO NOT get a wolf I can not stress enough do not even think about getting a wolf or even a wolf dog(half dog, half wolf). Even if you get it at the youngest of age as it get older it will turn on you. Don't believe those movies that show wolf dogs being tame. Not even White Fang movies, at the end it sais wolves or wolf dogs being kept as pets successfuly has never been reported. Because they are wild animals and they need to stay in the wild. Please if you want some pet that looks like a wolf get a siberian husky, or an alaskan malamute. Now you can "adopt" a wolf from the defenders of wildlife, which is suppose to help save them. But you don't actualy get the animal you jus send money for that specific animal and the money helps save them cuz they are being killed for no reason. So that is a wonderful cause especialy if you like wolves that's what I did cuz I absolutely luv wolves, but I would never have one as a pet. Wild animals should never be taken out of their natural habitat, unless its by a professional like by zoo's. But wolfs being keps as pets is not a good idea. Most people who have kept wolf dogs from pup to adulthood end up dead because they end up turning on that person. Get a husky or a malamute they would be better suited for you. You can check your local humane society or do what was said above(first answer).

Source(s): Pet parent my whole life.

I have a Siberian Husky that we had purchased from a local breeder. He's the best guy, what a great dog. (You can see him at my page http://kellyg05030.hubpages.com/.) Another good place to check is with veterinarian offices and groomers in the area you're moving to. They sometimes have ads from breeders there or know of good breeders in the area. It's always a good idea to make sure the parent dogs are AKC certified, and make sure they are healthy. Huskies have a tendency towards canine epilepsy. Ours, Anakin, does have this. His case is very mild, but we didn't know to check into that when we got him almost 9 years ago now. Good luck!

Source(s): Owner of a Siberian Husky 8+ years
  • Janian

You need to look at the AKC list of registered breeders, then go to local shows and ask for advice on the best breeders in the area. Make sure they are health tested as well as temperament tested.

Don't even think about getting a wolf, it will be too much for you.