Need $10k housing loan with no credit?

This Fall I am going to be attending a two year community college. The tuition of the college is about $6000 for my first year, which FAFSA will cover $5500 of and $2000 from my college fund will cover the rest.I can get up to $9500 from FAFSA for my second year which is more than enough. My job will also be... show more This Fall I am going to be attending a two year community college. The tuition of the college is about $6000 for my first year, which FAFSA will cover $5500 of and $2000 from my college fund will cover the rest.I can get up to $9500 from FAFSA for my second year which is more than enough. My job will also be reimbursing my education $1500 per year.

However I would like to move into a apartment in a more central location to my job and the school that I will be going to. It seems that I can find a decent $800 apartment in the area and I will be splitting the cost with a room mate for $400 a month.

I will have a part time job while I am going to school, however I only make anywhere from $800-$1000 a month with this job so with rent + other expenses I will not be able to save any money and will basically be broke...I want to avoid this.

What I would like to do is somehow obtain a $10k private loan for education or housing that I will not have to start paying off until AFTER I graduate. I want to use this loan money for my rent payments/food/utilities for the next two years while I am saving the money from my job as well as college fund. Between this loan and FAFSA I will essentially have a $25k loan after I obtain my associates BUT I will have about $10k + in the bank in savings from my job which will give me time to actually find a job with my degree. Does this sound like a sound plan, and does anyone know of a bank or special type of education/housing loan I can get where I do not have to make payments while in school? I have no credit but my Mother has a excellent credit score and can cosign with me.
1 answer 1