What kind of job can I do that is correlated to my future career as a psychologist?

I am 16 and currently work at a fast food restaurant. I want to study psychology and be a Christian counselor when i graduate. Are there any jobs or possible intern opportunities that might could help me on that path? Thank you. :)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Davids
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Very sorry to hear that anyone has sold you on the idea that Psychology and Christianity can be compatible. The two "ologies" are in fact diametrically opposed to each other.

There are no (real) Christian Psychologists. One is either a Christian (Christ follower) or into Psychology, not both. To be involved really with both is to be "a double-minded man" which is the only common denominator between the two, aka Schizophranic (split mind) according to Psych-babblists.

But being 16 means you have plenty of time to choose which way you can to go with your career; with Christ or with Psychology.

See:

1. Sigmund Freud, (1856-1939) “The Future of an Illusion.” Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday,

2. Sigmund Koch, ed., Psychology: A Study of a Science (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1959-1963).

3. Sigmund Koch, “Psychology Cannot Be a Coherent Science,” Psychology Today (Sept. 1969).

4. Karl Popper, “Scientific Theory and Falsifiability” in Perspectives in Philosophy, Robert N.

Beck, ed. (New York: Holt, Rinehart, Winston, 1975).

5. Thomas Szasz, The Myth of Psychotherapy. Garden City: Doubleday/Anchor Press, 1987.

6. Thomas Szasz, The Myth of Mental Illness. New York, N.Y.: Perennial Library, 1974.

7. Bernie Zilbergeld. The Shrinking of America: Myths of Psychological Change. Boston: Little,

Brown and Company, 1983.

8. Carl Rogers, quoted by Allen Bergin, “Psychology and Religious Values,” Journal of

Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 48, p. 101.

9. Christopher Lasch. The Culture of Narcissism. New York: W. W. Norton & Norton Company,

Inc, 1979.

10. Martin and Deidre Bobgan. PsychoHeresy: The Psychological Seduction of Christianity.

Santa Barbara, CA: Eastgate Publishers, 1987.

11. E. Fuller Torrey. Witchdoctors and Psychiatrists. New York: Harper & Row Publishers, 1986.

12. Christina Hoff Sommer, Dr. Sally Satel. “One Nation Under Therapy: How the Helping

Culture is Eroding Self-Reliance. St. Martin's Press, 2005.

13. Dr. Tana Dineen. “Manufacturing Victims: What the Psychology Industry is Doing to

People.” Constable and Robinson; New Ed edition (September 27, 1999).

14. Dietrich Bonhoeffer. “Voices in the Night.” Zondervan (July 1, 1999.)

MORE RELATED FREE EBOOKS:

http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/bksonline.html

AND LOTS OF RELATED (FREE) INFORMATION ON THESE:

http://www.mediaspotlight.org/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.