How can I file taxes when co owning a home but not married?

My boyfriend and I bought a house together last year. Now it is time to do our taxes but since we are yet married we cannot file a joint return. How do we go about reporting the expenses on the home. I received the papers from the bank to file with but not sure what to do with them? Do we file independently and... show more My boyfriend and I bought a house together last year. Now it is time to do our taxes but since we are yet married we cannot file a joint return. How do we go about reporting the expenses on the home. I received the papers from the bank to file with but not sure what to do with them? Do we file independently and report the same numbers. Or does only one of us report the house info? How does it work? Thanks.
Update: Also, we both used the simple version of Turbo Tax last year, and it was a great experience...can we do this again?