Its easy to find jobs in USA ?

i plan to go to US for a job, with no money on me...exept the expenses to get there.

ohh...and also im 20 years old

i dont also dream for a big job and lots of money etc.etc.etc., lets say i search a job like a 'car wash cleaner'

i also i skrew at talking in english.

Can someone tell me which State is better to go?

Or...any helpful advice ?


7 Answers

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    There are basically NINE ways that you can get a visa to live and work in the US:

    (1) Marriage (or engagement in anticipation of marriage) to a US citizen.

    (2) You have skills that are in short supply in the US e.g. scientific or medical training. A degree is normally a must. Or you have superior specialist skills with at least 12 years experience. (H visas)

    (3) You have an Employer who is willing to transfer you - but even the employer has to make a good case for you - so you have to be a manager unless you fall under category (2) above.(L visas)

    (4) You may get a Green card in the diversity lottery (UK citizens, except N.Ireland, are not generally eligible unless you, your spouse or parents were born abroad or held a different citizenship.

    (5)You own or buy business (does not get you permanent resident status i.e. no green card)You must be a national of a qualifying Treaty countries. The business must have a minimum value of around $150k (more the better) bearing in mind you will need somewhere to live and with any startup business you will need at least 2 years living money as back up. So a figure of $350k would be a nearer minimum (E-2 visas)

    (6)You are an "investor" i.e. you have at least US $1m in assets to bring with you. half of that in a few areas. And your background will be investigated to the hilt. (EB-5 visas)

    (7)You have a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister and no further) who is an US citizen who would sponsor you, approx time this take 2-12 years?

    (8.The R1 visa is available to foreign members of religious denominations, having bona fide non-profit religious organizations in the U.S., for entering the U.S. to carry on the activities of a minister or religious worker as a profession, occupation or vocation

    (9)THE UNUSUAL You are in a position to claim refugee status/political asylum. or You get a member of Congress to sponsor a private bill with legislation that applies just to you.

    The S visa issued to persons who assist US law enforcement to investigate and prosecute crimes and terrorist activities such as money laundering and organized crime

    Recruitment agent will not take you seriously if you are not already in the US. Writing for jobs is really a waste of time; likewise US employers have no idea what foreign qualification are or mean (except Degrees) it may pay you to get your qualification translated into a US equivalent, there are Companies that do this ( ..

    But if you are getting a visa under (2) above then you need a job offer before you can get the visa. Your Employer will be your sponsor this will cost them upward of $5k. So you can see you have to be offering something really special to get considered They may also have to prove to the Dept of labor that there is no American who can do the job if the position is to be permanent ©



    Short term, non immigrant visa, but allows for OPT after studies, which is basically for on job training

    F1 visa, from an accredited school, to get this as a rule of thumb, you have to show that you have means to cover the cost of tuition and other living expenses, so around $10K on top of tuition per year at the very least. This can be from having cash in the bank, loans available or other credit, sponsorship or scholarship etc.

    This visa doesn't allow you to work whilst studying for the first semester of the course (6 months), and then after that, only for 20 hours a week on campus.

    Student visas (F) are non-immigrant but in some cases it may be possible to switch to H1-B or a similar visa class on graduation and progress from there to a green card. This is not guaranteed. bear in mind most employees want experienced staff

    follow the flow chart

  • 7 years ago

    Over 31 million Americans are currently looking for work! (Not counting illegal aliens hunting for work, or all the foreign students in US & foreigners everywhere looking for employment visas and/or immigration.) Real unemployment rate 23%. Ages 16-24, unemployment rate is 53%. You cannot enter US legally & work. You have no education & additional credentials for temporary employment visa.

    BTW, some car washes only hire illegal aliens so they'll work for tips & not cost the car wash company anything in payroll & taxes. however, some people as a matter of principal will not give any money to persons not legally present, including no tips, assuming that their employer pays them & that the illegal is not paying proper taxes. Only the latter assumption is correct.

  • 7 years ago

    I suggest you go to North Dakota, Detroit, Michigan (car manufacturing metropole of the U.S.), or straight to Chicago, Illinois.

    You don't need much money there; easy to find a job too. Especially car wash cleaners are in high demand. Tell the Border Patrol officer at the airport that you are looking for a job and he most likely can give you a phone number to call. These people have great connections.

    Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live in the charming old mission town San Buenaventura and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
  • Jan
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    To work in the US you need a work visa sponsored by a US employer. That won't happen unless you have and advanced college degree and years of work experience in a profession that is needed in the US. There are no visa's for "car wash cleaners".

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    it will be impossible for you to find legally a job in the US since you are not looking for job for which not more than sufficient US citizen are available. Therefore you won't get a work visa.

    Helpful advice: don't waste your money traveling somewhere you cannot afford to stay. Get a job in a country for which you do not need a work visa.

  • 7 years ago

    when does school go back..............

    I would say head for North dakota, I hear it has lovely weather and car washing would be an easy job to find.

  • 5 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.