Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I wash these white socks or do they look white enough?

I need to have them really white - any tips?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8346/8192141417_7612...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They look really white but just to be sure wash them one more time but this time use this method i found online:

1. Turn the socks right side out. The dirt collects on the bottom of the sock. The inside of the socks

will get clean in the process.

2. Put a gallon of hot water in a bucket. Add about two tablespoons of detergent. Use a paint stir stick

to mix and dissolve the detergent.

3. Add the socks to the bucket. Stir to submerge the socks in the hot water solution. Increase the amount of water and detergent depending on the number of pairs of socks.

4. Soak for at least two hours, or overnight. Pour the solution and the socks into the washing machine.

5. Run the socks separately, through the wash cycle as a small load.

6. Finish the socks in the dryer. Pair and fold.

And there u hv it socks nice and white!

Trust me it really does work.

Source(s): Yahoo.com :)
  • 8 years ago

They look white enough to me. But if you think they need to be washed again use Clorox 2 non chlorine color safe bleach

• 8 years ago

put very little bleach in with the water

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.