Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Should junk food be highly taxed, the way that cigarettes and alcohol are?

In order to reflect the high costs that the health problems caused by obesity have on society?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Nope but you should be charged for your health care based on you Body mass and your health if YOU CHOOSE to cause the condition by eating junk.

• K M T
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Nick: Do you really think it will make any difference?

Those that wish to smoke and drink still do so...it's the same with junk food, if someone REALLY wants to eat rubbish, they will find the money from somewhere.

Don't forget though, if it weren't for the exorbitant tax on cigarettes and alcohol the NHS wouldn't exist.

• 7 years ago

I am totally against the high taxes on junk food. Its our body and if we want to fill it with junk then let us be. Its just an excuse to get more money out us! Its a joke! I regularly eat chocolate and crisps and fizzy juice and im in no way overweight. Its just another government scandal

Source(s): My view
  • 7 years ago

I'm TOTALLY agains taxes on ANYTHING. Give that money to the government and they just piss it away on things I don't like. Phuque 'em.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

The "Fat Tax!" Yes! I love it. But ADM would never let it come to that: The corn syrup must flow.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sure. Why not? Hell next the govt' will try to tax us for the use of oxygen.

• 7 years ago

Sure why not. People are too stupid to make good decisions, we should impose such things to turn people away from bad choices.

Source(s): Alba gu Bráth
  • luis l
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

WOW THE POLITICIANS THINK FOR THE LESS MINDED CITTIZENS,THEY PROTEC THEM?

THEY TAKE THE MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE TO BE BEST,HAHA?

AND THIS IS WEIRD,THEY SAID AND SHOUT WE ARE FREE?

BUT THEY BUILD RULES AND RESTRICTIONS.

KIDS GROWN WHIT RESTRICTIONS NOT EDUCATION.

POLITICIANS ARE HAPPY TO GET CONTROL.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Wow. Aren't you just a mini Hitler?

• John
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Excellent idea, lotsa luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.