Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Should junk food be highly taxed, the way that cigarettes and alcohol are?

In order to reflect the high costs that the health problems caused by obesity have on society?

Best Answer

Nope but you should be charged for your health care based on you Body mass and your health if YOU CHOOSE to cause the condition by eating junk.

• K M T

Nick: Do you really think it will make any difference?

Those that wish to smoke and drink still do so...it's the same with junk food, if someone REALLY wants to eat rubbish, they will find the money from somewhere.

Don't forget though, if it weren't for the exorbitant tax on cigarettes and alcohol the NHS wouldn't exist.

I am totally against the high taxes on junk food. Its our body and if we want to fill it with junk then let us be. Its just an excuse to get more money out us! Its a joke! I regularly eat chocolate and crisps and fizzy juice and im in no way overweight. Its just another government scandal

Source(s): My view

I'm TOTALLY agains taxes on ANYTHING. Give that money to the government and they just piss it away on things I don't like. Phuque 'em.

• ?

The "Fat Tax!" Yes! I love it. But ADM would never let it come to that: The corn syrup must flow.

Sure. Why not? Hell next the govt' will try to tax us for the use of oxygen.

Sure why not. People are too stupid to make good decisions, we should impose such things to turn people away from bad choices.

Source(s): Alba gu Bráth
  • luis l

WOW THE POLITICIANS THINK FOR THE LESS MINDED CITTIZENS,THEY PROTEC THEM?

THEY TAKE THE MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE TO BE BEST,HAHA?

AND THIS IS WEIRD,THEY SAID AND SHOUT WE ARE FREE?

BUT THEY BUILD RULES AND RESTRICTIONS.

KIDS GROWN WHIT RESTRICTIONS NOT EDUCATION.

POLITICIANS ARE HAPPY TO GET CONTROL.

Wow. Aren't you just a mini Hitler?

• John

Excellent idea, lotsa luck.