Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

what were the most impacting technological advancements made during the cold war and who made them?

Any countries, Europe as well....I need help with an essay and this will help with my thesis!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Satellites first developed by the USSR.

Nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons and new delivery systems.

A major feature of the Cold War was the arms race between the member states of the Warsaw Pact and those of NATO. This resulted in substantial scientific discoveries in many technological and military fields.

Some particularly revolutionary advances were made in the field of nuclear weapons and rocketry, which led to the space race (many of the rockets used to launch humans and satellites into orbit were originally based on military designs formulated during this period).

Other fields in which arms races occurred include: jet fighters, bombers, chemical weapons, biological weapons, anti-aircraft warfare, surface-to-surface missiles (including SRBMs and cruise missiles), inter-continental ballistic missiles (as well as IRBMs), anti-ballistic missiles, anti-tank weapons, submarines and anti-submarine warfare, submarine-launched ballistic missiles, electronic intelligence, signals intelligence, reconnaissance aircraft and spy satellites.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Technology During The Cold War

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what were the most impacting technological advancements made during the cold war and who made them?

Any countries, Europe as well....I need help with an essay and this will help with my thesis!

Source(s): impacting technological advancements cold war them: https://tr.im/0dmtg
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awgDF

The German and Italian aide to Franco was under the guise of helping destroy a communist state in its cradle, but they then realized that Spain was a perfect testing ground for new equipment. Germany's Condor Legion tested new dive bombing tactics and planes, like the Ju-87 Stuka, and also fighter planes, like the Me-109. Later on, ground aide was sent, and it was discovered that the standard German tanks, the Panzers I and II, were completely inadequate against Soviet light tanks of the time, but the tactics of armoured warfare were tested for the first time in Spain, and would go on to be perfected in Poland, France and Russia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Germany also tested the jet fighter in the Spanish Civil War

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.