How hard is it to get into construction work as a 16 year old?

Got my driver's license recently and now looking forward to working over the school summer. I strongly want to do some manual labor in the construction field rather than just working in some restaurant. How is the job outlook for construction workers, specifically for a 16 year old?

Favorite Answer

I did that when I was 16. I framed houses (carpenter) as a laborer. It was great. The way I got started was, I just drove around to houses under construction, asked to speak to the boss....told him I was a really hard worker and wouldn't disappoint him....I got hired that day. Good luck!

So.. If you are working on a Crimeinal Justice measure im guessing your completed with high university, get i would get my drivers license.. It might help huge time getting a job im 15 and half with my learning permit and using.. I'd just go in finding contractors or in case you live within the country work on a farm.. That is what i did.. But i cannot quite think of any jobs apart from that like i stated go get you're license it'll give you a better threat.. I'm going to edit this if i can think of something else

Child labor is illegal in the USA. To work in a construction field you have to be mature enough. You can work in the construction field after your graduation. There are many vacancies in construction field. Once you complete your graduation visit Redpath Partners Australia. They have a good construction job with them. To know more about them visit.

• Rob

in most of USA = impossible.

google your child labor laws where u live.

Source(s): builder