Is MTI Community College (Vancouver Area) a good school?

I've recently decided to take a different path for my future and my schooling. I looked into Pharmacy Tech and really liked it, so I emailed a few schools to get more information. After some time I had an interview with Vancouver Career College Kelowna and it felt odd. I've gone to Thompson Rivers... show more I've recently decided to take a different path for my future and my schooling. I looked into Pharmacy Tech and really liked it, so I emailed a few schools to get more information.
After some time I had an interview with Vancouver Career College Kelowna and it felt odd. I've gone to Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops and now Okanagan College in Kelowna and didn't have this feel of pressure. I felt like they wanted to nab my money that day. The tuition for the pharm tech program is $17,000! I was expecting like $12k..
So I went home and decided not to pursue this school because it was just way too much money and my loans would be out the window!
I emailed MTI Community College and have a phone interview with them on Tuesday. I had a question that I was curious about and thought I could just google it myself. From there I was distracted by a bunch of TERRIBLE reviews for VCC; it was all about how the school is a cash grab and everything is unprofessional. I'm pretty thankful I didn't follow through.
It got me thinking though... is MTI as bad as VCC??
I tried to look it up but I can't find any reviews (good or bad) except on their site; but obviously they're going to have good reviews posted on their site.
Now I'm wondering, is MTI Community College a good school and not just a cash grab???
Thanks!
1 answer 1