Is MTI Community College (Vancouver Area) a good school?

I've recently decided to take a different path for my future and my schooling. I looked into Pharmacy Tech and really liked it, so I emailed a few schools to get more information.

After some time I had an interview with Vancouver Career College Kelowna and it felt odd. I've gone to Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops and now Okanagan College in Kelowna and didn't have this feel of pressure. I felt like they wanted to nab my money that day. The tuition for the pharm tech program is $17,000! I was expecting like $12k..

So I went home and decided not to pursue this school because it was just way too much money and my loans would be out the window!

I emailed MTI Community College and have a phone interview with them on Tuesday. I had a question that I was curious about and thought I could just google it myself. From there I was distracted by a bunch of TERRIBLE reviews for VCC; it was all about how the school is a cash grab and everything is unprofessional. I'm pretty thankful I didn't follow through.

It got me thinking though... is MTI as bad as VCC??

I tried to look it up but I can't find any reviews (good or bad) except on their site; but obviously they're going to have good reviews posted on their site.

Now I'm wondering, is MTI Community College a good school and not just a cash grab???

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I am familiar with MTI, and in fact I graduated from their Pharmacy Tech program last year. I am thinking the reason you can't find any bad reviews on MTI is because there aren't any! If there were unhappy people they would have written the same kind of stuff you found about VCC (and there are others that have bad reviews as well - like CDI). I did research pharmacy tech programs as well, and there are only a few of them accredited in the Province (and VCC is not one of them). MTI is accredited, and as far as I know every one of us that wrote the national exam passed!. There was another school in Kamloops that I looked at, that seemed really good as well - Thompson Career College I think, and they were the first accredited pharm tech program in BC.

I liked MTI, but it is expensive. The tuition was about $13K, and all in was about $17K. They offer their program at their Surrey campus, and the instructors were fabulous.

Hope this helps.

• cotta

Mti College Reviews

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

After some time I had an interview with Vancouver Career College Kelowna and it felt odd. I've gone to...

Source(s): mti community college vancouver area good school: https://tr.im/bXKwG

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayiTT

One of the best community colleges around is riverside community college. Its only $20 per unit. its in riverside about 1 1/2 hour away from la