Questions about community college/tranfering?

I didn't do so well my freshmen and im currently a sophmore. my gpa is a 3.5 out of 5.0. my psat i got a 128/180. should i just give up and go to community college? if i do good in community college, is it possible to go to a really good 4 year university? or should i try to improve my grades for the next... show more I didn't do so well my freshmen and im currently a sophmore. my gpa is a 3.5 out of 5.0. my psat i got a 128/180.
should i just give up and go to community college?
if i do good in community college, is it possible to go to a really good 4 year university?

or should i try to improve my grades for the next two months and try to do good on the sat. how would you improve sat scores if i were to do this

im really wanting to go to texas a&m to be a mechanical engineer, but i've been really sad/stressing out myself lately on how bad I've done in school in the past ;/