Does it matter where my TEFL/TESOL certificate is from?

I just completed a 160 hr Premiere Plus TEFL/TESOL course certificate through TEFL Express tesolexpress.co.uk. They say they are accredited with Language Link, London. Language Link say they are accredited with University of Cambridge ESOL, the British Council of Teaching, and English UK. But I have taken the... show more I just completed a 160 hr Premiere Plus TEFL/TESOL course certificate through TEFL Express tesolexpress.co.uk. They say they are accredited with Language Link, London. Language Link say they are accredited with University of Cambridge ESOL, the British Council of Teaching, and English UK. But I have taken the course entirely online. TEFL Express say they also offer courses taken in class but considering I live in Ontario, Canada and not the UK it would be pretty impossible to take actual classes so I decided to pay to take the online version. A friend of mine found a Groupon that advertised the course at much less ($79) then TEFL Express advertises (over $700) so I took the course at the $79 price for the 120 hour course, then upgraded to 160 hours for an extra $99. What are your thoughts on this course? Would it certify me to teach overseas? Is it worth taking? Is it legit? Would it matter where I got my TEFL/TESOL certificate from when adding it to a resume? Is TEFL Express a good company to do one of these courses from?
4 answers 4