Why did Queen Elizabeth sign the death warrant of Michael X in Trinidad in 1975 ?

Whilst the Queen cannot sign death warrants in this country as we have no death penalty she is able to do so in some colonies through the judicial authority of the Privy Council.(And has done so on several occasions I believe). Michael X was convicted of murder although the case against him was a bit dubious.... show more Whilst the Queen cannot sign death warrants in this country as we have no death penalty she is able to do so in some colonies through the judicial authority of the Privy Council.(And has done so on several occasions I believe). Michael X was convicted of murder although the case against him was a bit dubious. He'd asked for a stay of execution whilst an appeal went through but his execution went ahead before the appeals process could be expedited. Why did our Queen not let him appeal?
Update: Sir Roy K.G., I imagine any jury in Trinidad would be made up of people from Trinidad, not Jamaicans.
My point was that our Queen showed little mercy by not allowing him to at least make an appeal.